Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Happy Weekend everyone! 6•6 fbg

Reactions: 14 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A more respectable 6.9 this morning. :) a couple of 9s past few days. Dinner time insulin back to 44units. Hum... see you at type 2 life. I won't moan I promise. ;-)

Reactions: 17 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
6.7 two hours ago...6.6 yesterday....pretty much ok for me but I'd like it lower obviously.My problem really is I have to take a steroid just after my morning reading, and since I've been testing myself (way more than the doctor recommended), i have found that that drug pushes my sugar up, peaking around noon to 1pm. Initially it was up at maybe 14.5 (and that's every day), but since the low carb diet started it's dropped. For the past few days, my peak has been less than 8.5..which is great but still a spike I can do without. Hopefully, if I can get the morning level down it will help but...not sure how I can lower it from the 6s. Anyone think it will come down the more I stick to the diet? I can be down at 5.5 at night. Anyway...blah...yeah....6.7 today.

Reactions: 13 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 two hours ago...6.6 yesterday....pretty much ok for me but I'd like it lower obviously.My problem really is I have to take a steroid just after my morning reading, and since I've been testing myself (way more than the doctor recommended), i have found that that drug pushes my sugar up, peaking around noon to 1pm. Initially it was up at maybe 14.5 (and that's every day), but since the low carb diet started it's dropped. For the past few days, my peak has been less than 8.5..which is great but still a spike I can do without. Hopefully, if I can get the morning level down it will help but...not sure how I can lower it from the 6s. Anyone think it will come down the more I stick to the diet? I can be down at 5.5 at night. Anyway...blah...yeah....6.7 today.

Whilst I can understand that you're not happy with readings of over 8, I have to say your progress so far in dropping them from 14.5 is phenomenal :happy: Do you have weight to lose? If you do then you could expect a further reduction if you manage to get the weight down too. Very difficult on steroids, so be really proud of yourself!!

Reactions: 16 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Whilst I can understand that you're not happy with readings of over 8, I have to say your progress so far in dropping them from 14.5 is phenomenal :happy: Do you have weight to lose? If you do then you could expect a further reduction if you manage to get the weight down too. Very difficult on steroids, so be really proud of yourself!!

Thanks for that, Alzebra. :) looks like you've done amazingly well yourself down to 31 from 83!!

Reactions: 8 people