Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A happy 5.7 today :)

BG back on track - this is even after a little celebration y'day. Rode a bike for the first time since losing my leg to cancer in 1987 :) pizza and wine was consumed to celebrate!
Congratulations Penfold ;) You put me to shame. If I can lose my dizziness and wobbliness I'll give you a race! Any tips will be truely appreciated. Hoping to lose dizzy tablets after op.
Great progress. Well done on good fbg too!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
juliehills11 said:
My fasting blood sugar was 16!! I take insulin and tablets. Not sure what else to do. I've seen nurse and she's not much help
Most of us have stopped porriage/cereals, potato, beans, pasta, rice and bread. A huge improvement once these carbs reduced to low grams. Nothing more than 10gs per 100g spikes me.
Any help too @Jen74 ?

Last edited:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A happy 5.7 today :)

BG back on track - this is even after a little celebration y'day. Rode a bike for the first time since losing my leg to cancer in 1987 :) pizza and wine was consumed to celebrate!
Amazing for you, well done. :joyful: I'm rubbish on a bike with 2 good legs!!:oops:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My fasting blood sugar was 16!! I take insulin and tablets. Not sure what else to do. I've seen nurse and she's not much help
Hello, welcome. Knowledge is your best friend. Read anything and everything you can, @daisy1 has lots to start with, Stick with us, it's a long road.:D

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last few days my fasting BG has been elevated somewhat but that's because I've just switched from gliclazide to linagliptin and I understand it will be a week or more before it settles in. RATS!
Patience little one. Cute kitten:cat: