Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Lily76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
7.3 at (coincidentally) 7:30.....

..this isn't great BUT....I ate a cookie yesterday *gasp* Not a UK biscuit but a big American choc chip cookie. It was kind of an experiment...well, not really. I wanted it and thought now I have got a good control over my cravings and much better control over my BG so I think I can do this without messing up my head or my results.

I'm pleased to say my head is fine. Yes, it tasted good. A bit sweet but I have to admit I enjoyed it...BUT...I didn't want to eat 5 and I don't want to go back to eating them regularly. I'll take that as a win.

My BG could be better but that was to be expected. It was 8.5 after an hour (usually in 6s max 7) so not horrendous BUT I am higher than usual this morning. So, experiment over. Normal service to be resumed.

Have a good day all. x

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hmmm :arghh::(:confused: 6.6 at 10:00

I really expected the number to be much lower , did exercise for the first time in 1.5 week, because of eyelid operation I wasn´t allowed to exercise ... I slept horribly and also ate quite a lot yesterday but mainly proteins and fats ... must be the adrenaline sparking up conversion of proteins into blood glucose from suddenly burning 2000 calories and doing a lot of weight training...

koukSundo1188

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Yes, it's a gorgeous Friday September 1st 2017 here in Vancouver BC Canada,

Clear view to the mountains, the brown grass is recovering, 10 boats are anchored in the bay of False Creek looking rather sleepy, Very little traffic considering it's an end of summer type Friday.

I Was just reHydrating from a green plastic Perrier bottle filled with water and 2 Tbs ACV - Just the right stuff for a raw somach 1st thing in the morning :)

Tyyl

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app