Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Back home from Norway. I now have internet access, but no central heating! Filter needs cleaning only hopefully.
6.0 @ 7.30 am
Not bad considering it was a take away fish supper whilst travelling north late last night

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 this morning.

Hit an interesting 3.7 before tea last night - long day and later tea as I had a parents evening - but I'm never usually below 4. Might be time to re-think metformin - was going to have a general medication chat with Dr next week - something to consider.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Everyone
This is my second post (I think). I read all the posts here and am so envious. For the most part, you all seem to be within the normal range of 4 -8 mml. I just measured my glucose level before dinner and it was 20mml. Itvis usually between 10 and 20. I'm taking Metformin 1000x2 daily, diamicron 60x 2 daily together with other tablets. Im 170cm, 90ks and aged 72. I was diagnosed around 20 years ago. I lead a sedentary life and simply cant stop eating. My weight usually remains stable but is increasing recently. I have sleep apnoea which I think together with unstable diabetes keeps me exhausted all the time. My doctor just tells me that she cant do anything more in terms of medication a d just tells me to reduce my food intake , less carbonydrates and get off my b.......Oh I forgot, ńI drink too much red.
There are so many success stories here.
How do do it!
Kindest to all.

welcome here --- how to give you advice would be different if you are type 1 or type 2... what are you..? your avatar says type 1, but then, on the other hand, you are taking metformin... and then I think you also could be type 2... to give you advice that is not life-threatening we need to know all of your medication for diabetes especially if they are insulin affecting drugs.. welcome here Eyton... to have a longer discussion you need to kae a thread of your own you can do that by opening the green square in top of the page opening in this link : http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/ask-a-question.15/

but I´ll suggest you to eat loads of protein at breakfast like 4 eggs or a big peice of roasted meat or cheese and ham and no bread... if you miss bread very much then buy Lidl protein rolls they only contain very few carbs..... if you are type 2 then low carbing is the way to go... and always measure your blood glucose ...

Last edited: