Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Margaretjamieson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 at 8am - best morning reading so far. :) Lets hope its the new diet and not the metformin!!

Congrats on best morning reading...I am beginning to come down from 9 plus to 7.4 this morning not on metformin any more...I was for about 9 months but when my hba1c came down to 47 I decided to try and regulate my BS through diet and exercise. I’ve lost about 21 lbs in the year a slow process but have kept it off. I felt happy to be on metformin initially but after a while through reading and this forum I personally felt I could lose the last stone or so and also get my BS lower through LCHF and intermittent fasting 16:8 which I am trying to do at the moment. GOOD LUCK with everything!

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
5.9 at 5:10 am.

It's 48 years ago since I left the UK to come to Australia on the TS Fairstar, it was a plurry cold miserable Wednesday at that.

Well the weather has not changed any since you left hope your having a better time in oz

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

It's 48 years ago since I left the UK to come to Australia on the TS Fairstar, it was a plurry cold miserable Wednesday at that.
Not just diabetic help on here also extends your vocabulary. I have never come across the word plurry before. Had me all crosswaffled.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk

Had an uncle who was a miner emigrated to oz in the 60 s when it was all the rage but came back about 10 year later

D

Deleted member 308541

I have never come across the word plurry before.
The aboriginals on the church run missions used plurry instead of bloody, an example is: plurry hell.
Had an uncle who was a miner emigrated to oz in the 60 s when it was all the rage but came back about 10 year later
A lot of people were disappointed that the streets were not lined with gold.

My older sibling is still complaining...

Edit: Spelling.

Last edited by a moderator: