Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
OK I am being very analytical here I also try and understand the issues here .... I read on a "website" the other day that morning spikes are not uncommon. This may not have been a medical website. This can be hormonal as you body gets a kick to get going in the AM. I had a 9.0 the other morning for zero fathomable reason....An Hr later I didn't. It was down to 5.9 had not eaten anything or drunken anything intentionally.

Ive done over three hundred tests in the past few weeks (3 months) I have lost somehwere near 2 and a bit stone (16t and 5'9 currently) BUT I really do have a large muscle mass - that's not an excuse I...I really am solid.)...

My honest response is one HIGH is no more indicative of a concern than say one LOW... monitor the trend not the one off result.

Averages are just that .... you have to have several HIGHS and several LOWS to get there.
There are NO absolutes...

I have a friend who's Type 1 and a Band 8 Nurse his maxim is....for me...

Never double figures...and just keep YOUR average decreasing...

Don't get hung up on numbers ..simply see a decrease....over time....

The members who post on this thread DO know that FBG's are only part of the picture, & reducing their HBA1c is the goal. But, this thread is purely for posting fasting blood glucose levels. So, that's what we do. Your'e preaching to the converted!

Reactions: 12 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks, from a cold, snowy Newcastle. BG is 4.2 fasting today. Have a look at the view from my front door today. Very festive.

IMG_20151212_141007825.jpg

Reactions: 20 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.8 this am had more to eat last night ...must be the cold weather :shy:

Reactions: 16 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Morning, people who need no added sweetness. 5.8 today...not bad. Snow and ice and cold as a very cold thing.

Reactions: 17 people