Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Me too. 14.2 but I took insulin and I will retest soon. I'm wondering if mine is the somogyi effect. (low in night so liver dumps... too much.)
I will reduce my insulins to perfect.
How much Gliclizide and Victoza are you on now?
I am not on Gliclazide.
I have 2 x 500 g metformin twice aday and 1.8 victoza

Lilimp69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi! Sorry to gatecrash your discussion but I am impressed that you all seem to have your bloods under control. Did it take ages or did something just drop into place? I have been struggling with lack of help from gp and switching meds. Anyone else had this?

Reactions: Freema

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
okay that was low how did you feel when being that low ?

a week ago I had one day where my blood glucose was around 7.1 the whole day, and in the evening without connecting to blood glucose I thought that this day was the happiest day in my life for years.. and today after 3 days in a row of around 20-40 grams of carbs I feel deeply depressed .... I wonder if any of you have had similar experiences with high and low blood glucose ?

Well not the blood glucose but I defo do know that carbs lift my mood - if I feel tired and grumpy and I have bread ( this would have been a pattern before diagnosis- which was probably LED to diagnosis lol - bread- white bread, would have such a lovely instant effect- now I always tired and NO items of low carb foods give me any energy or lift my mood. I do miss white bread and the seratonin rush.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. 4.8 today.

@Lilimp69 its probably best if you start your own thread. You’ll get better help as many just pop in to record their readings on this one.

For me it took at least 6-8 months after diagnosis to get fasting readings down (they are the last ones to come down) and a lot of tweaking and adjustments to get them where they are now. That said, FBG does seem to have a mind of its own.

Also tagging @daisy1 for some helpful information for newbies.