Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

hooha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
long queues.
6.4 at 10:00 due to stressful sleep
Hello Freema . My FBG was 109 mg/dL [ = 6.05 mmol/L ] after a night's sleep and no breakfast , i.e. a fast of 18 hours. Then after gym, at a fasted time of 23 hours it was 144 = [ 8 mmol/L ] . How can this be ? I read somewhere that exercise should make your blood sugar go down, or is that only when in dietary ketosis ? I think I read that insulin resistance in the muscles might lead to a high blood sugar as the sugar released by the liver is not taken up by the muscles . Any ideas ? I am on no meds. Hopefully am a reversed type 2 db.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Exercise makes your BG rise initially but it should drop later.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hi ally1,
How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this condition to deal with, I hope?

I know that the trials and tribulations of this condition can be very disheartening in the first few months, when you look at all the different members and their BGL's each day, there is a lot of emphasis placed on them. But all you need to worry about really is your own reading each day, so as long as you are putting in a true effort, then in time they will be where all the others are, as well.
Am struggling big time at the moment.

D

Deleted member 308541

5.6 at 5:50 am.

Drinking hot water, and pretending it's heartstarter coffee as I have to get to the pathology shop this morning. I give it a miss Friday and yesterday as it was a bit on the cool side.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
5.6 at 5:50 am.

Drinking hot water, and pretending it's heartstarter coffee as I have to get to the pathology shop this morning. I give it a miss Friday and yesterday as it was a bit on the cool side.

LOL Don the things we do eh !!

Went for my blood test today thought it was the usual blood ,feet ,blood pressure etc BUT no took the blood and weight then made an appointment for over three weeks time for the rest apparently they’ve changed the way they do things now and you now have to do twice then if anything’s wrong you get the doc on a third appointment !!

God what a bloody waste of time and resources I’m glad it’s only once a year ( I’ll check the blood results online probably Thursday)

D

Deleted member 308541

God what a bloody waste of time and resources I’m glad it’s only once a year ( I’ll check the blood results online probably Thursday)
I got there at 7:15 am grabbed a number, and was called in near straight away as there was hardly any early morning rush still there.

Had my breakfast and first coffee at the cafe there, and got home by 8:20.

I will get the results later in the week when I see my GP.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

My BGL's this morning at about 08.20 hrs were 8.1 which isn't that bad for me as they have hovered around here for the past few weeks, or so!

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Am struggling big time at the moment.

Hi ally1,
How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this condition to deal with, I hope?

I totally understand that it's hard but it's all a matter of commitment and how bad you want to get right, as you know the outcome of only doing this half hardheartedly and it isn't good, but there is always someone on this Forum who will assist you when in doubt, or having a hard time so come on, it's Ok once you get going.

"Today is the 1st Day in the rest of your life.
So get up take your BGL's and go for a walk,
and Grasp all that is on offer, on this day!"

Last edited:
Reactions: ally1