Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After my waddle I tested again, 4.6, I swear I felt the earth move when I was waddling along, hehehe, the plummeting bg, get down I say, get down and stay down.
Great number after the walk @Grant1969. Keep on as you are those numbers will plummet. Don't be surprised or downhearted if there are some days when things don't seem to go to plan - part of diabetes for us all.

D

Deleted member 308541

I Need some @typetoo strips
Me to

6.3 today 5s only lasted one day
Since the new yellow coloured lids on the Abbot tubs of strips have come out I have had lower readings, I do not know if this coincidence or not.

My Performa strips are near enough the same readings as the Abbot strips, so I might be doing something right,

Edit: Typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 308541

Sounds like a good workman praising his strips - going well and richly deserved:)
I don't know about a good workman, as I have been known to cut corners (ex butcher).

My bgl has slowly decreased since I have been eating that HB lower carb bread which is filled with nuts and bolts, which has made me more regular. Apart from that nothing else has changed in my meals.

D

Deleted member 308541

Two words /KANGAROO MAIL
I do not about Kangaroo mail Jim, we have two mail services here, fast and slow, you pay more for fast (delivered once a day).

Us old pharts here in Oz get subsidised postage stamps, but they go by slow mail (delivered twice a week).

Here's a pix instead...

R5Pjt2B.jpg

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
I do not about Kangaroo mail Jim, we have two mail services here, fast and slow, you pay more for fast (delivered once a day).

Us old pharts here in Oz get subsidised postage stamps, but they go by slow mail (delivered twice a week).

Here's a pix instead...

R5Pjt2B.jpg

Ok snail mail then

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Great number after the walk @Grant1969. Keep on as you are those numbers will plummet. Don't be surprised or downhearted if there are some days when things don't seem to go to plan - part of diabetes for us all.
Thanks, I got a wee fright with 4.6 but tested again an hour later and it was 5.9, settled my heart a bitty. Low numbers scare me, to be honest, but I'm trying to be cautious.

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 @ 07.49 this am then another frustrating trip down to MiL & her brother in their care home: neither of them are happy with their lot and we don't seem to be able to do much to help them (when she's actually aware that we're there!) It does really make one wonder what IS the point of really OLD age, racked with physical pain & mental anguish!

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree, and my partner and myself are supporters of euthanasia being made legal in Australia in the not to distant future.
It's not "fashionable", but my wife & I would agree with it being introduced here, too on a voluntary basis, of course. (Not that there's any chance of it happening in our lifetime!)