Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning.

5.4 at 9am :)

Reactions: 32 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all, 6.3 great news for me., lowest ever in a morning, saying it was my granddaughters christening yesterday I thought it would be high. I looked at the buffet and tried not to look at the cake section cream cakes gateaux's everything you can think of, but guess what I resisted and stuck to 2 chicken legs, salad 2 pieces of quiche omitting the pastry [ people were looking at me wondering what the heck I was doing taking the filling out of the quiche ] funny really.:hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: 34 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi all, 6.3 great news for me., lowest ever in a morning, saying it was my granddaughters christening yesterday I thought it would be high. I looked at the buffet and tried not to look at the cake section cream cakes gateaux's everything you can think of, but guess what I resisted and stuck to 2 chicken legs, salad 2 pieces of quiche omitting the pastry [ people were looking at me wondering what the heck I was doing taking the filling out of the quiche ] funny really.:hilarious::hilarious:
Wow..great control

Reactions: 23 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Good morning. Think I had my first ever Hypo last night. Woke up at 2AM feeling ill, staggered downstairs and collapsed on the hall floor. My son tried to check on me, and when I didn't respond he got HID who woke me up and gave me a kitkat. My BG was 4.1 immediately after.

Just taken another reading and it was 6.1.
Good morning. Think I had my first ever Hypo last night. Woke up at 2AM feeling ill, staggered downstairs and collapsed on the hall floor. My son tried to check on me, and when I didn't respond he got HID who woke me up and gave me a kitkat. My BG was 4.1 immediately after.

Just taken another reading and it was 6.1.
Gosh that must have been frightening glad your ok now

Reactions: 22 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure how to get it down further.

It will take time, so be patient. It will likely be the last thing to drop, as it takes time for Low Carb eating to influence the stores of glucose kept in the Liver.

I was still getting FBG readings of 6 for a while after my HbA1c got down to 32, and it took 6 months to regularly get readings in the 5's.

Reactions: 21 people

Arizona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 at 7am. Not sure how to get it down further. It was only 6.7 after dinner yesterday!
Hi

It's challenging and a question of trying to spot the triggers. Most of my "main" meals, I.e. are salads and that helps me.

Good luck with it - there's a way -- it's finding it that's the challenge.

Reactions: 23 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@amgrundy. Wow you did well.

@Cumberland . Brilliant!
@mo53

Thank you

My meter gives me an average for last 7, 14, 30 and 90 days and readings have dropped from 25.7 (90 days) 16.2 (30 days) 13.4 (14 days) and 12.3 (7 days)

With some fasting readings in single figures I seem to be making progress

Reactions: 24 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It will take time, so be patient. It will likely be the last thing to drop, as it takes time for Low Carb eating to influence the stores of glucose kept in the Liver.

I was still getting FBG readings of 6 for a while after my HbA1c got down to 32, and it took 6 months to regularly get readings in the 5's.

@britishpub, I'm obviously far too impatient! My HBA1C was 97 at the point of diagnosis one month ago, and I want to magically get all my readings low overnight! Thanks for sharing your experience, I know it will take time but I am determined.

Reactions: 22 people