Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a 6.0 fasting reading this morning after a 5.1 reading at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 22 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Maxwell
Have you made any changes to diet, medication or drinking less liquid. Hope your not stressed or have any minor illness or infection.
Could the mixed weather make any difference. I know it messed up my chest.
Well I don't think that anything has changed at all recently, I am a couple of pounds heavier than I want to be and am not doing much exercise at the moment, so I would like to change both of these factors, but this has been the same before when I was getting readings in the 4's in the morning regularly a month or so ago.

Maxwell

Reactions: 10 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I don't think that anything has changed at all recently, I am a couple of pounds heavier than I want to be and am not doing much exercise at the moment, so I would like to change both of these factors, but this has been the same before when I was getting readings in the 4's in the morning regularly a month or so ago.

Maxwell

Could your increased readings be associated with a new tub or batch of strips? Sometimes they vary a bit.

Reactions: 9 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Late post. Was 7•0 mmol/l fasting.

Reactions: 14 people

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
mine was a rather high 7.6 this morning :oops:
put it down to stress and hope for better tomorrow:p

Reactions: 15 people

Edgecop

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 a very good start to my 17th Wedding Anniversary- seems organic white wine is the way forward!

Reactions: 19 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I'm 5.2 this morning. Third day in a row that I've been above 5. I like your point about liquid - I haven't been drinking quite as much water in recent days so I'll make a point of getting plenty down my neck today and then see how that affects me tomorrow.
Watch this space
4.6 this morning - right back to the lower end of my average. No real changes to food - I just made sure to drink LOTS of water.
Good timing, too - it's my 3 month fasting HbA1c test this morning!

Reactions: 19 people