Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Morning. 6.7 today. Working late night Thursday plays havoc with my eating pattern.

Reactions: 19 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 5.7 and a cold :(

Reactions: 18 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was 5.5 this morning, higher than the last two days, but I was furiously hungry last night and probably had 2000 calories for dinner (low carb). I explain this to myself with not having eaten enough during the last few days, while I was very active. As I have lost weight, too, I don't worry too much about last night's binge. Maybe my body needed it.

Reactions: 17 people

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 7.0 today so an improvement on 7.3 yesterday and moving in the right direction.

Reactions: 17 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An unhappy 7.8 - could include a liver dump (measured one hour after getting up), continued back/hip/leg pain, and stress from having some of our windows replaced today - were supposed to start yesterday but postponed due to rain. I've also been eating more - still LCHF, but snacking on nuts and cheese from stress. It makes me even more stressed!

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 5.0 this morning after a reading of 5.5 at bedtime last night.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
5.7 this morning, that's two mornings in a row under 6, yipee!

Reactions: 19 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 today !

I had a lidl protein roll yesterday as they actually had some in at 6pm. No huge post p rise and my FBS is good. Only my hips are aching like they haven't for a long time and after eating my stomach was 'confused' with bloating and discomfort. So a fail for me :(

Reactions: 15 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.3 for me this sunny morning - but just to even it up a bit, its raining too.....

Reactions: 15 people

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
I was on a lchf diet but after losing a stone and getting my blood sugar down to 7.3 it was at one time 15.4! I fell of the wagon I have put the weight back on and my bs 2 hours after breakfast was 10.00 my breakfast today was a 3 small eggs omelette with 80g of mushrooms and 1 slice of wholemeal toast with butter I have also had 1 tea and 4 coffee's with semi skimmed milk and 1 sweetener in each so my plan is to go back on the diet and I would really welcome advice please. Thanks

Reactions: 2 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
5.1 today !

I had a lidl protein roll yesterday as they actually had some in at 6pm. No huge post p rise and my FBS is good. Only my hips are aching like they haven't for a long time and after eating my stomach was 'confused' with bloating and discomfort. So a fail for me :(

Hi folks. Hope your Friday is going well. BG is 5.2 fasting today, after a 4.8 at bedtime. I HATE those Lidl Protein rolls. To me, they taste like cardboard with seeds sprinkled on. :***: And, they spike my blood glucose, which then takes ages to get back to my normal. But hey, if you enjoy them....great. ;) Best wishes & good health everyone.

image.jpg

Reactions: 12 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Afternoon. Not feeling that good, reflected in a fasting BG of 10.6 mmol/l which is high for me. :eek::)

Reactions: 11 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I was on a lchf diet but after losing a stone and getting my blood sugar down to 7.3 it was at one time 15.4! I fell of the wagon I have put the weight back on and my bs 2 hours after breakfast was 10.00 my breakfast today was a 3 small eggs omelette with 80g of mushrooms and 1 slice of wholemeal toast with butter I have also had 1 tea and 4 coffee's with semi skimmed milk and 1 sweetener in each so my plan is to go back on the diet and I would really welcome advice please. Thanks

Hi ! You already know what to do, you've done it before..... maybe try a really low carb daily totals for a couple of days, like <20g then when the BS readings come down start with small carb increments, +5g a day for a few days, then another for a few days, until you reach YOUR sweetspot of lower BS and food enjoyment. Then maintain at that until your meter tells you that isn't working anymore....FAT needs to be consumed, maybe a bulletproof anything or make some fat bombs and eat as required.
I also wish I follow my own advice as I rarely note my foods unless I do in a thread. But I think (ha!) I fluctuate between 20-40g per day. To get my FBG down into the 4's I think I need regular exercise and prob <20gs carbs a day and >fats than I'm already eating. Grrrr. Good luck and let us know your highs n lows.
GC

Reactions: 7 people