Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all,

7.8 this morning :)

I have not had chance to read the thread properly today, so hugs to all who are feeling stressed or ill.

Reactions: 24 people
P

paula.nolan42

I've been BG monitoring for a week now and only once have I been in the 6's - every day I am in the 7's (first test of the morning - fasting test)

Although I did weigh myself this morning and I'm down to 92.7 :)

Reactions: 26 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
5.0 this morning. Which is good as I head off for a weekend's camping that will not be particularly strict on carbs.

Reactions: 23 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All = 19/2/16.

6.6 at 9am. :)

Reactions: 26 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I've been BG monitoring for a week now and only once have I been in the 6's - every day I am in the 7's (first test of the morning - fasting test)

Although I did weigh myself this morning and I'm down to 92.7 :)
Paula, it took approx 6 mths for my fbg reading to drop from my highest reading of the day - don't give up hope :)

Reactions: 15 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine are going up it seems but have got chest infection

Sent from my XT1039 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 6 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today. Mildly happy after 3 Carb laden days in Madrid. I tested 2 hours after one meal and had a 7.7 so decided not to bother for the rest of the time.

Reactions: 22 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A happy 5.3 this morning. Wow this fight with none sugary carbs is harder than I thought. They're everywhere. Why is it so hard? Too many temptations in this house of 4. This is day 4 of very very low carbing. It isn't easy. :angelic:
Keep going! I know it's hard, but look at your bg this morning ;). I do have sugar free jelly now and then with a handful of strawbs or blueberries or raspberries - or a bit of each. That helps me :shy:.

Reactions: 10 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 7.2 this morning. Feel really bad, feel like I've got a knife in my throat and chest like ton of bricks, got my hbc1 o n Tuesday. Not exspecting good results Good healthy day to you all

Reactions: 14 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 again today! :D:D After homemade curried meatballs and a small portion of brown rice cooked with a stock cube :). I'm also doing a timed fasting 18/6 to help get this weight shifting again. Have a good day all! :)

Reactions: 19 people

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
I'm going off linagliptin just making me feel ill going to give it a good go at diet control got no life with the meds seem to be getting all the side effects

Reactions: 14 people
P

paula.nolan42

Paula, it took approx 6 mths for my fbg reading to drop from my highest reading of the day - don't give up hope :)

Its hard to know how to interpret the data - I keep my food diary on MFP and I also log my BGs there too - I know its still very early days and I am still learning - but I tend to think that as I lower my weight and as I get healthier my daily BGs will come down in alignment with my overall health - I think that I will keep doing what I am doing and when I next get my HbA1c tested I will know that I am really going in the right direction.

Reactions: 13 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.7 Again today after a bit of a lie in

Reactions: 27 people