Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, my cold has finally gone, I got a good night's sleep, and yet at 6.30 my reading was a shocking 9.1. Grrrr

Two weeks ago my morning readings were all in the 6 range. I need them back there.

Reactions: 16 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Well, my cold has finally gone, I got a good night's sleep, and yet at 6.30 my reading was a shocking 9.1. Grrrr

Two weeks ago my morning readings were all in the 6 range. I need them back there.
Stick with it, my BG numbers went bad when I was ill, but returned to previous lower numbers.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog/stallen.223641/ The app is one touch reveal I manually input the data the high numbers don't really affect the overal averages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stick with it, my BG numbers went bad when I was ill, but returned to previous lower numbers.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog/stallen.223641/ The app is one touch reveal I manually input the data the high number don't really affect the overal averages.
Thanks for your encouragement @Stallen. I am due to have another HbA1C in April and I really need my numbers to show a big drop (was 97 6 weeks ago) if I'm to avoid meds. I might try the app, thanks. My metre does givev12/14/30 day averages and thry have crept up in the last week.

Reactions: 5 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
fbg 5.2 this very cold morning :) having lost a lot of insulation over the last 10 months, I'm finding it shocking how cold I am this winter - I've developed a fetish for thermals!! :hilarious:

Reactions: 17 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning all! 6.5 at 0645 today.
@TooManyCrisps Don't get stressed, that will push your levels up too. My morning readings have been between 7s and up to 9.3 in the last week or two while I've had a sore throat and cold. before that I was around 5-6. Today my reading is 6.5, so I hope I am coming down again, but that might just be a blip. You should start coming down again once you are well. You have time before your next HbA1c.

Reactions: 15 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all ...9.3 ...Ahhhhhhhrrrrrrr :(:(:(

Reactions: 12 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Day 13 of the 800 Cals diet (eating real food and probably more like 850 but heyho , FBS has gone from around 7.2 to 5.2 this morning .

Reactions: 18 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks. BG 4.3 this morning. Numbers bouncing around a tad. Have a lovely Friday everyone. Good health.

image.jpeg

Reactions: 24 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Tested a bit earlier this morning, woke up earlier coughing FBG 5.6. Glad your feeling better lizanne

Sent from my XT1039 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 29 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: 28 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A happy 5.3 this morning. Wow this fight with none sugary carbs is harder than I thought. They're everywhere. Why is it so hard? Too many temptations in this house of 4. This is day 4 of very very low carbing. It isn't easy. :angelic:

Reactions: 20 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Woke up with ears and nose blocked up and when I tested myself it was 8.2! First 8 I've had since the New Year yeesh! I'm a bit stressed as well, my autistic son has his first counselling session this morning

Reactions: 18 people