Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Good morning to all 5.4 @ 5-30, don't seem able to get down to below the magic 5,try as I might,

Reactions: 18 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.5. I just cannot get the morning readings down. 3 weeks ago they were in the 6s. Theyve never recovered from me having a cold. :(

Reactions: 11 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I am going to make more of an effort to eat breakfast, it's such a pain when it has to be low carb as my usual favourites (toast or porridge) are forbidden.
If you like toast you could have a couple of toasted buttered slices of Burgen Soya & Linseed bread, or a toasted LIDL High Protein roll. Maybe with peanut butter.

Reactions: 16 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
Morning all 5.9 @ 07.20, first appt with diabetic nurse today.

Reactions: 25 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Woke to 3.1 so got up and treated hypo. Back to bed for school run alarm. Too much insulin. I ate only a few things yesterday but all very low carb. Breadcrumbs on fish has been missing in my diet for a while. Are they the difference? Yep! :)

Reactions: 18 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning everyone, despite being even snifflier (is that a word? Probably not but who cares anyway lol) than yesterday I was 6.5 today :D

Reactions: 31 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi 7 for me this morning been up most of the night with pain in my stomach going back docs today may have water infection :yuck::inpain:

Reactions: 7 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If you like toast you could have a couple of toasted buttered slices of Burgen Soya & Linseed bread, or a toasted LIDL High Protein roll. Maybe with peanut butter.
I had reheated toast with butter on yesterday and didn't spike. Might be insulin jabs thou. Test and see.
Last week I had reheated mash potato with cheese.

Reactions: 21 people