Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Happy Sunday folks. I had a nice lie-in this morning. Past 11am when I woke. :oops: BG 5.6 then. Taken again 2 hours after breakfast & happy with a the 5.2 my meter showed. :)

image.jpg

Reactions: 25 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Hi Folks

Busy day so late posting.

Slightly concerning 6.6 for me this morning.

Reactions: 15 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi Folks

Busy day so late posting.

Slightly concerning 6.6 for me this morning.

If you haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary for you, hopefully it's just a one-off @Tim55. I presume you tested again to double check. If I get a "rogue" reading, I wash my hands thoroughly & re-test. It's amazing just how often the numbers come up much lower. It drives you nuts when these unexpected readings happen, huh!! The joys of diabetes. :confused:

Reactions: 9 people

silky1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning (no late night snacks last night lol)

Start my WeightWatchers stint tomorrow night and back to the nurse for my first fortnightly check up - GULP

Reactions: 16 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 this am but over 90 minutes later than normal taking my metformin as had a lie in. 6.3 prior to going to bed. Will stop the strawberries and cream now as coming to end of season and stick with my apples.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
6.1 today - up because of this ruddy cold? Ah ratbags!

silky1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 This morning the lowest yet (and a late night bowl of strawberries) - although doing some research last night - some of those that some deem "bad" fruits are actually believed to be good blood glucose levellers - as are onions which apparently can work as well as insulin - not that they should replace it for obvious reasons - apart from the obvious - the other reason is you might loose a few friends lol)

But back on a serious note - it only hit me today that the times I'm testing differ quite a bit and it does seem that the earlier I test - the lower the scores on the door are - we are not talking massive differences in time or numbers - nevertheless - they are definitely there - interesting - I need to try picking a fixed time for a few days and see what difference (if any) it makes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
If you haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary for you, hopefully it's just a one-off @Tim55. I presume you tested again to double check. If I get a "rogue" reading, I wash my hands thoroughly & re-test. It's amazing just how often the numbers come up much lower. It drives you nuts when these unexpected readings happen, huh!! The joys of diabetes. :confused:
Took your advice AlisonJane. Washed hands, re-tested - behold! FBG 5.8 10mins later

Reactions: 20 people