Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Metformin is Diabetes medication to be sure....I decided to test my levels two hours later from breakfast and found it was 16.4 and that is after walking 3 miles with the dogs.... I know my Nurse says I must have serial for breakfast butam going to have to ask her why it is so high two hours after eating it ...grrr
Hi PatsyB, My Diabetic nurse in Jan this year told me to have porridge for breakfast, never tried it yet after reading some info on here about cereals always have eggs cheese or tomato or mushrooms. :)

Reactions: 7 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @britishpub and @Alzebra - clearly my mistake thinking Metformin was medication?

What we both meant was that it's not a Medication that will lower your BG to such an extent that a reading in the 4's would be a serious cause for concern. If you were taking an alternative medication that was meant to lower your BG you could be in danger of Hypo's but that's not the case with Met.

Reactions: 4 people

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10.5 this morning and guys I do know what carbs are. I'm not eating bread pasta rice or potatoes but that last morning reading was one night where I slipped up and my bgs was lower than when I don't eat carbs which slightly annoying

Reactions: 11 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Not bad after a day of birthday celebrations that included 3 sausage rolls, 1 slice of Strawberry Cheesecake, Roast Lamb and Veges including potatoes and apple crumble with custard. The scales were not kind this morning though!

Reactions: 15 people

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
My fasting blood glucose at 4:08 am was 6.9 Millimoles Per Litre and then I consumed a large bowl of microwaved garden peas with a little salt and black pepper at 4:32 am and now at 5:08 am my blood glucose reading is 7.1 Millimoles Per Litre. I don't have very much money until approximately 2:30 pm oweing to my disability benefits being managed by a Corporate Appointee who has enduring power of attorney of all my finances due to financial incapacity pertaining to my autistic spectrum disorder. My Carer will go shopping for me and I intend to suggest things to cook - I'm quite a good cook, in spite of my disability - like frozen or fresh vegetables, fruit, lean meat, minimal carbs and knock the ready meals on the head because they're so loaded with glucose and sodium.

Reactions: 16 people