Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
25/5/16 - Morning.

6.7 - :yuck:

Reactions: 11 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
8.3 this morning :(
Yesterday I was 6.3 and after LOTS of exercise, about 5 hrs of walking I was 5.3 on the bus back to Inverness, then a further 1hr walk to son's house.
My downfall was steak (1/2 size portion) with veg at 9pm but no exercise afterwards, legs wouldn't allow me!
I'm being nosey now. Which vegtables did you eat? Root veg have carbs in them so fbg will be liver dump too.
Block your liver dump through the night and fbg will be in 6s.
You're doing brilliantly @berylc .

Reactions: 2 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.3 for me today.

Got the results of last weeks blood tests. Hba1c was 36, cholesterol 4.5 and everything else they tested the 8 vials for was within expected range, so I guess I'm doing something right :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 9.2 but it was a bad day yesterday. Food wise and routine. :-( very stressful time.

Reactions: 4 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
I'm being nosey now. Which vegtables did you eat? Root veg have carbs in them so fbg will be liver dump too.
Block your liver dump through the night and fbg will be in 6s.
You're doing brilliantly @berylc .
No root veg. Refused the sweet potato. But had loads of asparagus and broccoli spears. At home I would have had spinach too.
How do I block my liver dump?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Deep breathe,And start all over again,you do very well ickyhun,so gold starsfor your great posts and encouragement you give to us all

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
No root veg. Refused the sweet potato. But had loads of asparagus and broccoli spears. At home I would have had spinach too.
How do I block my liver dump?

Hi berylc, you don't ! It's our release valve for excess glucose...so when it gets to near normal you can congratulate your liver for a job well done

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 4 people