Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine takes ages to shift. If I go off the rails (which I've not so far this time since restarting in December) it takes a few weeks to reduce again. I'm really low carb - less than 30g a day. Doing the fasting has retrained my approach to food and has stopped my emotional eating which is one of the best results for me. I think as you lose weight, your background insulin reduces and your bg will fall too.

X

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF

Reactions: 8 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 at 6am :) better than for a few days as I cleared a load of work stress yesterday and feel in control again. Lots of good food in the fridge - planning ahead keeps me in control too. Happy Saturday everyone :):):)

Reactions: 14 people
D

debrasue

5.6 today.
More importantly, I had my HbA1c result - 34 ! That's the same as it was last time and since I have been allowing myself more carby treats I was expecting it to go up so I am very very pleased.

The practice nurse thinks I may reversed my diabetes completely, but I still think that if I quit LCHF my sugars would shoot up again. I've got good blood control because I generally eat very few carbs, not because I've stopped being diabetic.

In other news, my cholesterol has improved from last time, down to 6.6. Trigs are 1.7, HDLs 1.9 and LDLs 3.5. That's all much better than my diagnosis 12 months ago but not quite as good as when I was being super-strict last summer.

All in all, really good results and I'm celebrating tonight. With pizza - real pizza - coz I deserve it.

I'd give you all a slice if I could because support from here has been really helpful on those days when I've just felt like giving up on the good habits.
Well done, @GeoffersTaylor! That's an amazing result and just goes to show what can be achieved with determination, great control and LCHF. You were one of the first people to offer me support and encouragement when I first joined the forums, and you - and your yummy spinach bread! - have always been a source of inspiration to me, so it's heartwarming to see all your hard work rewarded. Gives the rest of us hope for the future. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Don't worry, Kevin, it will just be your liver helping you fight the bug. Be good to yourself, go with the flow, and you'll soon be back in your 4s again. Big hugs x

Thanks Deb, you are completely right of course, but it's the proximity of my second A1C that's frustrating me....you know me a little now...very focused...but I can't buck the platelet averages, so I shall do my best to take your advice and chill:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Sure this is just a temporary blip @KevinPotts we all have them - just blame Brexit, I'm blaming it for everything that's wrong in my life right now LOL - unless you've been waying into that Oppo too hard ;)

Good advice....I'm pretty sure it's a flemmy chest, high temp from a summer cold:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 2 people