Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
6.4 this morning and still sniffly

Reactions: 10 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this am... was 5.9 2hrs after eating last night. 2nd day of fasting so should get rid of any naughtiness i have done!

I had chicken in mustard, aubergine dish (bolognais sauce on top of grilled aubergine topped with cheese.) And tried a new 80% chocolate from lidl... said it was lower sugar but i think that it was a fib. And a few rasberries to cut through the chocolate. Low carb dinner and yummy.

Reactions: 10 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 8.6 no insulin just metformin which I forgot to take one yesterday and day before. Too busy for my own good! :D

Reactions: 8 people

jakibrown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hello

yesterday it was 17.6, today it was 13.2. I am type 2 and trying very hard to bring BG down by using insulin - nova rapid x 3 per day and levirmir x 2 per day and also metformin and gliclazide. Trying also to incorporate a low carb diet. It is going to take time, but i will get there in the end or die trying!

Reactions: 18 people

rachxx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hello

yesterday it was 17.6, today it was 13.2. I am type 2 and trying very hard to bring BG down by using insulin - nova rapid x 3 per day and levirmir x 2 per day and also metformin and gliclazide. Trying also to incorporate a low carb diet. It is going to take time, but i will get there in the end or die trying!
Mine was 5.2..

Reactions: 6 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hello

Hi, just test before and after eating and hourly after that. Keep a spread sheet of these numbers alongside a full list of ingredients you ate at those times so as to see what your reaction was to what foods! There are some ingredients on the lc diet that you may find will spike you (your body cant tolerate) you just have to keep testing, there is no one size fits all in diabetes though most of us on here are agreed that the low carb diet does work (with a few tweeks) so i wish you well and letting you know you are in the right place for the best advice on getting those bgl under control.

Reactions: 7 people

Tawa93

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hallo all, I have just completed one dish for my food diary. My BS was 9,3 this morning and 7,7mmols before the meal ( actually that's the lowest it's been since I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago). So I had my experimental meal, slept for 2 hour (on night duty), then rechecked. It's gone up to 10,5mmols. What sort of range in rise should I be happy with and when should i avoid the meal altogether? I hope this makes sense?

Reactions: 8 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hallo all, I have just completed one dish for my food diary. My BS was 9,3 this morning and 7,7mmols before the meal ( actually that's the lowest it's been since I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago). So I had my experimental meal, slept for 2 hour (on night duty), then rechecked. It's gone up to 10,5mmols. What sort of range in rise should I be happy with and when should i avoid the meal altogether? I hope this makes sense?

Well done for testing.

Personally that's too much of a spike for me to be safe and you may want to look at the low carb forum on here for some ideas on what other people eat.

It's a massive shock at first but there's loads of excellent advice on here.

I've been low carbing for a while (this time ) and initially had some good results, however my weightloss and FBG stalled so I moved to incorporate intermittent fasting and it's been really good to shift the weight and reduce my FBG.

The key with everything is consistency and finding out what works for you. If you keep a food diary and record readings after, you'll be able to formulate your own tailored approach.

Best of luck!!

D x

Reactions: 4 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
3.8 at 5:15 am tested 2 fingers on both hands, results were very close.

Rainy rainy days here..
No morning walk till later I guess..

Today will be packing for a short weekend work trip to neighbor town.

Phew sleepy

Reactions: 9 people