Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.1 for today.

No alcohol for me today, prior to tomorrows hospital visit, so I'll see if I have a higher reading in the morning.....

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Anything under 6 is still in the normal range, @Keesha, so you're doing well. It's also normal for BG readings to fluctuate a little, but as long as you're continuing the trend in the 5s I don't think there's anything to be concerned about. Hugs x

Thank you Debrasue, for your encouragement and positive thoughts. It is a bit scary when you see the trend going up. Hugs to you too.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
13.6 on rising 15.2 before lunch at 1pm no breakfast today as out for lunch. Roast Lamb, roast parsnip, a few carrots and butternut squash. No roasties, no Yorkshire and no gravy! No starter and no sweet either! :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do too and little bit of what you fancy doesn't do you harm!

In case it was missed earlier - "It is known that beta blockers like Propranolol are bad news for diabetics. However not all cause hyperglycemia. ACE inhibitors are better."

That's a very bold statement you make there. For those interested, or perhaps concerned, could you please post the source of that information.

Note to anyone taking this medication: Please do not alter your medical regimes without consultation with your Doctor.

A

asparagusp

It's on the American Diabetic Association website. Chemists too told me. I myself have had trouble with post prandial high readings and decreased urine output. I have come off the medication and my sugar levels are better.

I was not advocating just stopping. Talk to a doctor first. I did.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's on the American Diabetic Association website. Chemists too told me. I myself have had trouble with post prandial high readings and decreased urine output. I have come off the medication and my sugar levels are better.

I was not advocating just stopping. Talk to a doctor first. I did.

I didn't suggest you advocated anyone altering their meds. I merely reminded folks not to do anything hasty, in changing meds or how they take them.

If you wouldn't mind posting the link please. Thank you.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A

asparagusp

You did eat last night Trescoe? lol With a reading like that I would have been worried about a hip during the night!