Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The two hour reading was 10.9!!! I don't know what is going on.
How much ham? Too much protein can cause high bgs too! Your bgs are coming down slowly but coming down. Stick at it @ellagy . It will be worth it.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You peak around two hours after so that reading although a little high is to be expected. I hope that Lidl roll was wholemeal which is slow release carbohydrate and really you should avoid eating ham. It's full of carcegenic ingredients. Eat chicken breast instead, preferably cooked by yourself.
Protein rolls from lidl are low carb not wholemeal hun. Search forum they are very helpful in weaning you off too much bread and high carb foods, I find. Some cannot tolerate wholmeal bread on their high bgs.
My fbg 5.9 after forgetting my evening insulin so very very pleased. :) :) :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.9 this morning even though I had the same food, same amount for the past few days. I hope it is still in the normal range but cannot understand the steady rise. It is puzzling.
Search threads for 'test strip' batch variations info. Interesting.

Reactions: Liam1955
D

debrasue

5.8 today
(But after the shock of the 11.1 at +2hrs pp following the trial of a Chinese takeaway with the family last night, reducing to 7.3 at +3hrs pp, I consider myself lucky this morning! That's a trial I won't be repeating any time soon...)

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51
D

debrasue

5.9 this morning even though I had the same food, same amount for the past few days. I hope it is still in the normal range but cannot understand the steady rise. It is puzzling.
Anything under 6 is still in the normal range, @Keesha, so you're doing well. It's also normal for BG readings to fluctuate a little, but as long as you're continuing the trend in the 5s I don't think there's anything to be concerned about. Hugs x

D

debrasue

My understanding is alcohol lowers blood sugar. https://www.google.co.uk/#safe=strict&q=blood+sugar+alcohol

4.4 fasting today and I am beginning to wonder if the meter is okay! For the two days prior, 4.4 and 4.3 with post breakfast readings of 7.9 and 7.7 respectively .....
Your fasting figures are very good, but the pp readings seem a little on the high side. Could be down to carbs, or as you say your meter (or your strips) could be the cause...

Reactions: Liam1955

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.1 :) at 7:00 even after eating too much of everything last night :(. It was the 1kg :bigtears:weight increase that's depressed me :depressed:.

Reactions: Tim55