Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.7 for me today, but I did dive out of bed a bit sharpish....

Reactions: GeoffersTaylor

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
4.9 this morning but then I've had the dreaded D&V virus for a couple of days and not eaten much since Tuesday evening. On the mend though .
Pleased you're getting better. I was wondering where you were! :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all, 6.1 and pesky hormones are making their presence felt!
I wish I could take it away for you. Be kind to yourself. I hope it passes quickly. H&B will become my best friend when mine starts. It was my thyroid and too strict a low carb which was affecting me.

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
21/10 - Morning .

7.0 - :bored:
It's coming down mate. Im sure tomorrow will be even better. ;) You know steady 7s are better than fluctuating bgs William. Safer on the nerves. A 7.0 keeps those complications away. Well done. :) :) :)

5.7 for me. However have been generally around 5 for past few weeks me putting myself on a low cal diet 8 ish weeks ago. Initially my readings dropped in 3 weeks from averaging around 12 to 13 to 4-ish simply by diet. when falling well below this I dumped the meds. Weight wise the loss was good too but that has levelled so I this week shocked the system by cramming in high calorie counts of very fatty food subsidised by chocolate and wine yum yum. Now my metabolism has been shocked it is back to 800 cals per day to see what happens. SO MUCH FUN, AND SO LITTLE TIME TO ENJOY. :)

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51
A

asparagusp

Hum, a disappointing 6.7, (5.8 yesterday) same meal last night, half chicken breast casserole, but this time with a very small portion of broccoli and a very small golden russet apple.

I also tested on my back up meter where there always a two point difference. Not this time, 6.2!

Update - Two hours post breakfast - 12.9 (new tub of strips ..... )!!! and 9.0 on the back up meter. mmm Always the same breakfast and usually within range.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! I tested on middle left finger at 0815 and reading was 6.8 which was a bit higher than usual for me, so I tested on left thumb and the reading was 6.1 which is more in line with my usual readings, so I'll go with that.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You and me Keesha. Let's put it down to experience! lol

Very true asparagusp, learning makes perfect. You don't know until you test and I still know many diabetics who don't test at all. Beats me how they manage the disease and they say a three monthly HB1ac tells them all they need to know.

Reactions: Prem51 and SWUSA_