Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ukuleleplayer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cold, wet weather.
9.15am(I hour) was 9.4 hope this post is alright in this thread,I don't know what the reading means as I am still learning:)
Hi, you're in the right place.
9.4 seems quite high.
Most folk seem to aim for around 6 but fasting readings can be quite high due to Dawn Phenomenon (dp). It's when your liver produces glucose to compensate for the early morning drop in energy. It isn't unusual. Hopefully your readings will be lower as the day progresses.
I was happy that my reading was 5.9 today...it had been over 7 for while.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For my one year diaversary .... a 5.7 :):):) off for a swim to celebrate!
Happy diaversary. I'm not sure that's appropriate.... :wacky: but I understand that lchf has helped you and your exercise regime rocks, so congratulations on your achievements over the last 366 days. :happy:

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.8 this morning, not too bad after a meal out.
Baked Haddock with asparagus in a cheese sauce, but I might have followed that up with a tiny chocolate fudge cake....

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.6 this morning some what higher than I'm used to these days but am now back on steroidal inhaler as asthma worse and had to take Ibuprofen I know not a good idea ibuprofen with asthma but all that was available last night and have upped carbs and calories slightly to try and stabilize weight so all in all not too unhappy with FBG today.

Reactions: Tim55

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A friend invited us to a fabulous Indian dinner last night. Had wine and lots of butter chicken, vegetables, naan, and dessert. This morning fbs is 5.5. Not bad at all.

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

5.7 at 5:00 am.

Going to try the apple vinegar cider thingy of Mosely's that was on TV the other night. Had a go at 2 tablespoons (30mi) in 200 ml/s of water yesterday, definitely not a easy drink to swallow down but they say you acquire the taste for it. :D

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51