Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
4/3/16 = Morning All.

5.9.at 8.50am =:D:D:D

Reactions: 21 people

wintertouched

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 fasting still at 9:30. I'm okay with that but a bit frustrated with what I ate last night as it wouldn't have been my first choice.

Reactions: 18 people

jonjaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid doctors
7.8 lowest this morning, lowest was 5 highest 12.8 no idea why it changes so much. Some nights I have a big dinner with pudding and wine late on and the reading is low (for me 6-7.5) and then I will have a low carb dinner early in the evening and my BS is 10-12 how does this work?

Reactions: 16 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
5.9 @3:15am
6.0 @8:15am
9.8 @9:15am 1hr post breakfast
7.7 @10:15am 2hrs post breakfast and 1hr into gym.
6.3 @12:15pm post gym and 45min walk home in the snow.

I had a whole cheese and onion 130g quiche for breakfast, Which was 27.3g net carbs.:bag:

5.6 @14:45 2hr post lunch, I had a cheese sandwich using 2/3rds of a Lidl protein roll and cheddar cheese.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 22 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Mine was 9.2 today... strange that it stays lower during the whole day but tends to rise after 10-12 hours fast.
Hi @AsifLateef and welcome to the forum. The reason for the higher reading first thing in the morning (fasting blood glucose) is probably the 'Dawn Phenomenon' - where your liver dumps stored glucose into your blood stream when you wake to give you an energy boost as you start to get going for the day.

Reactions: 5 people

Blitzie

Very pleased, seeing that the 1st week after I was diagnosed,3 weeks ago, they were 20...19,thanks to this forum, I feel like I`m on the right track.:)

Reactions: 22 people

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
4.9 :) Doctor wants it higher than 5 "because taking insulin is different from normal people".:***:

Reactions: 14 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oops very late today! 4.8 this morning - very happy with that :D;):joyful::smug::playful::happy:. Have a good day all! :smug:

Reactions: 13 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Just had a weeks annual leave ruined by the cold from hell and been in bed from Monday afternoon until this evening

My sugars which were doing well and heading down nicely have doubled and trebled despite keeping up injections and despite having no appetite (lost 4lbs in a week)

Morning sugars this week has pi$$ed me off with 24.7 this morning

Saw my GP yesterday the weight loss and lack of ketones is a plus point I suppose and I do feel better today so that's a plus too

Going on a 5 day DAFNE course next week and have the weekend to get over this horrendous cold

Reactions: 10 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm late posting my morning bs 8.7 ! It seems to be rising each day. Fingers crossed its down a bit tomorrow :)

Reactions: 8 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Morning

Reactions: 14 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just had a weeks annual leave ruined by the cold from hell and been in bed from Monday afternoon until this evening

My sugars which were doing well and heading down nicely have doubled and trebled despite keeping up injections and despite having no appetite (lost 4lbs in a week)

Morning sugars this week has pi$$ed me off with 24.7 this morning

Saw my GP yesterday the weight loss and lack of ketones is a plus point I suppose and I do feel better today so that's a plus too

Going on a 5 day DAFNE course next week and have the weekend to get over this horrendous cold
Get well soon @Cumberland.
How much insulin do you take? I take huge amounts but it gives me quality of life.
Are you allowed to increase your insulin to combat your hypers?
Or do you suffer from rebounding bgs?
It will all settle down soon mate.
Just remember when you're singing and dancing YOU used the tools from your course to control your pancreas. Only you can take credit for putting in the hard work. It will be tough to get your head around but once you practice, it will get a lot easier. Of which I have no doubt.
Drink plenty of warm drinks and keep calm. I know easier said than done. Have you spoke to your nurse about these continuing high bgs?
Keep warm.

Reactions: 8 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Get well soon @Cumberland.
How much insulin do you take? I take huge amounts but it gives me quality of life.
Are you allowed to increase your insulin to combat your hypers?
Or do you suffer from rebounding bgs?
It will all settle down soon mate.
Just remember when you're singing and dancing YOU used the tools from your course to control your pancreas. Only you can take credit for putting in the hard work. It will be tough to get your head around but once you practice, it will get a lot easier. Of which I have no doubt.
Drink plenty of warm drinks and keep calm. I know easier said than done. Have you spoke to your nurse about these continuing high bgs?
Keep warm.

Thanks Icki hug gratefully accepted

I inject 145 units of Humulin 10am and again at 10pm total 290 units daily
I have been told there is no upper limit

Also inject Novorapid with food I'm on a 5 units to 10g carbs so this varies

My pancreas is dead Icki I was born with pancreas divisum I only knew about this 30 years ago after recurring bouts of pancreatitis

I am diagnosed as type 2 but firmly believe this is mis-diagnosed

Any way I have felt a bit brighter today than previous days and won't risk venturing outside much if at all over the weekend

Sending a hug back yo you

Reactions: 12 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks icki hug gratefully accepted

I inject 145 units of Humulin 10am and again at 10pm total 290 units daily
I have been told there is no upper limit

Also inject Novorapid with food I'm on a 5 units to 10g carbs so this varies

My pancreas is dead Icki I was born with pancreas divisum I only knew about this 30 years ago after recurring bouts of pancreatitis

I am diagnosed as type 2 but firmly believe this is mis-diagnosed

Any way I have felt a bit brighter today than previous days and won't risk venturing outside much if at all over the weekend

Sending a hug back yo you
You look after yourself. Keep cosy. It sounds like you have Insulin resistance as well as type 1.
Low carbs helps me a great deal. I take nearly half the insulin when I'm stricked.
Would you consider trying it when your feeling more yourself?
It is different but does wonders for your bgs and confidence.
Anyway, get rid of this nasty cold/flu and enjoy your course. It should enlighten us. Vicky

Reactions: 15 people