Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
9.9 this morning, must stop eating cookies as late night snack

Reactions: 11 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.4 this morning. My mother is still seriously ill but comfortable :(. Hopefully she'll turn a positive corner soon :shy:. Have a good day all!:)
Hugs galore @KimG.
Thinking of you at this time.
I'm very proud of you and your excellent bgs. If your mum is like you she will fight and succeed. Of which I have no doubt.
Get well soon Mammy of KimG!

Reactions: 8 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Now @Clivethedrive this might interest you . My FBS has consistently been in the 5s for a while , when I take it before getting up . Today I forgot and took it after I had pottered about my living room ....6.2 , still ok but not in my preferred 5 zone
Yes indeed just shows the liver is doing it's job

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10.4 and that's good for me. I'm claiming an overactive liver with ridiculous amounts of glucagon to dump

Reactions: 21 people

ickleowl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People asking my husband how I am, or what is wrong with me. It's my legs that don't work - the mouth & brain are still functioning normally
8.5 fasting this morning. Can anyone give me an idea of how to regulate my BG when on antibiotics? This is my third bout this year, this time for cellulitis, and I'm getting dizzy reading through my results each day

Reactions: 10 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
8.5 fasting this morning. Can anyone give me an idea of how to regulate my BG when on antibiotics? This is my third bout this year, this time for cellulitis, and I'm getting dizzy reading through my results each day

Hi. It is more likely the infection is raising your blood sugars.

Reactions: 10 people

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Hi all, 6.2 this morning for me, had a bad night up and down all night with aching muscles and joints, oh! for a good nights sleep, anyone else out there that doesn't sleep properly.?:(:(
hi @amgrundy that's me most nights cant remember last time had a good nights sleep :(

Reactions: 4 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs galore @KimG.
Thinking of you at this time.
I'm very proud of you and your excellent bgs. If your mum is like you she will fight and succeed. Of which I have no doubt.
Get well soon Mammy of KimG!
Thank you so much ickihun, it means a lot. She has very slightly improved today, there's still a long way to go but it's a start. :happy:

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
HbA1c 39. Happy with that considering I had gone off the rails when I hurt my knee .

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi @amgrundy that's me most nights cant remember last time had a good nights sleep :(
Same here, know how you feel, to add to it I've had endless flu after flu, don't know what's going on, been like this become diabetic, oh to be able to sleep early and not keep waking up. Hope you sleep tonight Good luck

Reactions: 6 people

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 at 6.50 - had been 6.4 at bedtime but didn't actually get to bed until half past midnight. Bit bleary eyed this morning!

Reactions: 24 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Morning All

Reactions: 13 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. 7.2 this morning after naughty eating the last couple of days. Must get back on track tomorrow. :(

Reactions: 20 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Oh very well done @Jamrox you've worked so hard to get that figure - you rock ( deliberate pun) yaay!

It's a battle worth fighting . I want to delay taking medication as long as I can . Once the medication starts its s whole different ball game .