Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Quirkybee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
9.3 before breakfast

Last night 2 hrs after tea 6.6
Slimming World bacon, courgette and veg quiche, spinach and salad with teaspoon of houmous. That's an excellent reading for me, the lowest since testing.

Reactions: 12 people

davecatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late test today but annoying 7.0 . So 2 pints and a carvery ( minus potato's , Yorkshire pud and carrots) isn't part of the lchf diet,

Reactions: 11 people

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Yesterday was my 70th, was given surprise dinner out! Readings through the roof and now this morning I got a 9 earlier and now an 8.5 just when I thought I was getting a grip

Reactions: 12 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this am, was up and about for a bit 1st though as i left kit downstairs, baby has a fever so didnt have time to get sorted... any way hba1c today i cant wait for the results (shows which of us were geeks at school and liked tests!)

Reactions: 6 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 today ... and 8.1 post swim. Good to return to the 30 minute swim even if BG went up - I know things will calm down soon (well I am hoping they do!)

Reactions: 10 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was my 70th, was given surprise dinner out! Readings through the roof and now this morning I got a 9 earlier and now an 8.5 just when I thought I was getting a grip

Don't be too hard on yourself if it was a celebration - I'm sure you will be back on track again soon - and Happy Birthday!

Reactions: 2 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Late test today but annoying 7.0 . So 2 pints and a carvery ( minus potato's , Yorkshire pud and carrots) isn't part of the lchf diet,
It's the 2 pints wot dunnit. Switch to red wine, like I'm supposed to have done. :)

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.0 thsi morning and like before I will say again I weill never understand this Diabetes :)

Reactions: 4 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning after a few chocolate dipped strawberries at dinner time. This now confirms that it is the chocolate that cause the increase in fbs. Will try my very best to stay away from even a small amount of chocolate.
Or change it! There is a 90% chocolate out there that may be better...

Reactions: 2 people