Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Ok so new to this posting stuff but have had t2for a few years but things are starting to go down hill. I have started teasing my BG and this morning it was at 15.5 which is high I know but how do I get it back down
Hi there. This particular part of the forum is just supposed to be about posting our fasting BGs so I won't go into detail BUT ... many of us are eating very low carb diets, cutting out pastries, pasta, rice, potatoes as well as obviously sweet things. This seems to work for us and there's growing evidence that it can work for many many people. That's not to say it will definitely work for you because I know nothing about your medical history - so don't take my word for it. There are plenty of discussions about this on these forums so have a read around and feel free to ask questions on those discussions. Good luck.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good Morning! 5.7 at 0430 today.
I was worried that it would be higher. I was tempted into buying bags of licquorice rocks yesterday, telling myself I would only eat two or three a day. But I ended up dipping into them through the evening and probably ate about 30.
I tested at 8.40pm and I was 8.7 (TEE2), and then at 9.40pm and was down to 6.7. Unfortunately this means I might be tempted again today.

Maybe, have a fewer and see how it goes. Otherwise dump them.

Reactions: Prem51