Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Boing, boing, bouncy, bouncy

Higher again at 7.1 after a late wakeup this morning - I feel like Zebedee - bouncing all over the place. Maybe I should change to a new bouncy avatar too...:D

I'm about to ccompare my levels for this time last year, as I feel I'm going backwards now, and not forwards anymore, but hopefully it's just because I'm getting ****** off. :mad::mad:

Robbity
You've Obvs got a very caring, "helpful" liver ;)

Reactions: 10 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
If it has to be, it has to be... Diet control is harder for you with your other conditions limiting what you can eat. Fingers crossed it does the trick
Thanks Jan. Diet can be tricky at the best of times but will get there:)

Reactions: 8 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
4.8 this morning. Exam week over now and glad about that. I think I can say that stress has an adverse effect on my blood glucose levels over the past few weeks. More time on my hands now to experiment with new low carb recipes (the coconut flour is sitting waiting to be used) and also make exercise part of my routine. Hopefully by the time uni starts again exercise will be as much a part of my life as breathing.

Reactions: 22 people

chancellors

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi bit late in the day but better late than never, fasting result this morning was 5.7. Been to the hospital today to see Diabetic Doctor, who was very pleased with my progress and does not want to see me again unless the Kidney Transplant Doctor refers me to him. I will continue to be seen for my diabetes by my DN, happy days. Update, just got my HbA1c result today it was 41 equivalent to 6.8 or 5.9%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 21 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hi bit late in the day but better late than never, fasting result this morning was 5.7. Been to the hospital today to see Diabetic Doctor, who was very pleased with my progress and does not want to see me again unless the Kidney Transplant Doctor refers me to him. I will continue to be seen for my diabetes by my DN, happy days.
Great news, well done :):)

Reactions: 6 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Definite dawn phenomenon today:
Bedtime 5.5;
7am when got up to let dogs out 4.4;
Returned to bed until 8am, then tested again pre-breakfast shake at 8.20 - 5.7!

The difference in those figures could be down to the tollerance of meter reading accuracy - although they do tend to be more accurate at the lower end.

I don't see much evidence of an uncontrolled (by your Pancreas) Dawn Phenomenon - looks to me that your Pancreas counteracts your liver quite well! :D

Reactions: 2 people

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The difference in those figures could be down to the tollerance of meter reading accuracy - although they do tend to be more accurate at the lower end.

I don't see much evidence of an uncontrolled (by your Pancreas) Dawn Phenomenon - looks to me that your Pancreas counteracts your liver quite well! :D
OK.Thanks...seems I ddin't fully grasp the concept of the phrase...never mind, all-in-all I cannot complain about my figures while following this diet.

Merrylizard1314

Day62 ND (Mon) 4.4 ketones 2.3 only 3 more days to go.

Tomorrow will be a test, as there will be a rather lavish afternoon tea - with birthday cake! Red wine! Many cheeses, salmon and ricotta, etc., etc.... And a dinner party in the evening!
I am looking forward to seeing how my BGL responds. And I remain optimistic, as I have been water-fasting since lunchtime today, and will have the usual Optifast soup in the morning.

Reactions: 18 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You've Obvs got a very caring, "helpful" liver ;)
That one way of putting it! :eek: So perhaps I should be more appreciative of all the work its dong to give me those lovely high levels instead of grumping about them...

Robbity

Reactions: 4 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
OK.Thanks...seems I ddin't fully grasp the concept of the phrase...never mind, all-in-all I cannot complain about my figures while following this diet.

Those are excellent figures right there @RobOwen - definitely nothing to complain about. Keep doing what you're doing - it's working! :D

Everyone gets the kick start from their liver (unless it's faulty) it's just whether or not the Pancreas can correct it or not.

Well done on your progress! *Thumbs Up*

Reactions: 6 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Are you feeling better today, dear Pasha? I wanted to ask you about ketones, as I see yours are approaching the higher end. Is it dangerous to go beyond 5 do you think?

Ketones of 3 - 5 are deep ketosis. It's generally accepted there's no benefit to going deeper into ketosis than 5.

Ketones higher than 5 is only dangerous if you have elevated blood glucose at the same time.

Reactions: 4 people

Merrylizard1314

Day63 ( Tues ) ND 4.2 at 6.15am. Cold,windy, but sunny.Lots of tidying to do in the garden before the Great Carbfest at afternoon tea.

@nomistheman, thanks for the info. Not much chance of me getting within Cooeee of ketosis again, for a while.

Reactions: 19 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
81 mg/dl or 4.5 mmoles/l

Merrylizzard, thanks, yes feeling much better.

Re Ketones, I see that your question has already been answered above. I agree with the answer given . I am certainly not striving to be the" Keto King".My brother also gets high values so maybe there is something genetic to it.

Reactions: 20 people

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
Morning all, bedtime 4.7, never had a reading this low ! This am, 5.1, this is even after a lunchtime trip to the pub yesterday lunchtime !!

Reactions: 24 people
Status
Not open for further replies.