Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

DUCK??? probably glaringly obvious what that is but not to me lol......I did learn a huge lesson....the cheddars I could do without...it's the bread I miss so much...am going to test out various breads to see what effect they have on my BG
Sorry, the main website, Diabetes (C-community?) UK... My predictive changed DCUK to DUCK so many times I just type DUCK now ;)

Reactions: 3 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried burgen bread or sandwich thins. I can get away with 2 slices of burgen a day or 1 sandwich thin
I have some to try....need to see what effect it has on my BG.....i miss bread so much and will find one I can handle if its the last thing i do lol

S

Sable_Jan

I have some to try....need to see what effect it has on my BG.....i miss bread so much and will find one I can handle if its the last thing i do lol
Hovis Seeded Sensations....one slice....check the packet one is 15g carbs per slice, the other 22g....

S

Sable_Jan

Maybe those part baked mini baguette/rolls? Just one of course.... A lot of trial and error testing but you get to learn what you are ok with so don't need to test so much after a while....

Reactions: 7 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried burgen bread or sandwich thins. I can get away with 2 slices of burgen a day or 1 sandwich thin
I can get away with 2 slices of seeded bread but one sandwich thin, which has less carbs, really spikes me - such is the idiosyncratic nature of diabetes!

Reactions: 7 people

Merrylizard1314

Monday 18th 4.0mmol/L Bright sunny morning, one hour of swimming, then a 4km walk/run home.

Can hardly remember the last time I ate bread - must be about 2 years ago. Occasionally, I will eat a home made oatcake, but fruit tarts are really what I miss most. And porridge with cream and salt.
Have a fruitful day, everyone, and keep well.

Reactions: 15 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
82 mg/dl or 4.55 mmoles/l Ketones 2.6 mmoles/l. Protein intake increased to 104 grams/day

Reactions: 22 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. 6 monthly checkup and latest HbA1C later, so will update on this tomorrow.

Maxwell

Reactions: 22 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning campers

5.6 fasting.

Yep - wet and windy in the new forest too. Wet weather programme then. Off to the motor museum later.

Reactions: 18 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning campers

5.6 fasting.

Yep - wet and windy in the new forest too. Wet weather programme then. Off to the motor museum later.
Sounds good where is the motor museum cause Dad would like that, enjoy and try to keep dry

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.