Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
I note that some people feel unwell with a BG level of under 5, but that's supposed to be the normal level. What's the general opinion here? Is it just an adaptation thing - persevere and the body adapts to being consistently under 5 or something else?
I guess if your body has been accustomed to running high for a considerable time then it comes as a shock if levels go down to under 5 too quickly (false hypo)
I'm aiming to get there but at a slower and more gradual speed - I tried hitting it hard and paid the price - ended up off work and was dog rough with headaches and severe dizziness. Was that bad that consultant ordered head CT scans etc to rule out other causes. Thankfully scans all clear so concluded it was my body going into "shock" at a too rapid lowering regime

Reactions: 6 people

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
8.4 this morning as usual most mornings in the 8's and by Lunch in the 5's and stay around 5-6 for rest of the day got to love the morning phenomenon

Reactions: 16 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great numbers :) Do you think you have much more weight to lose? The 8 week duration is not mandatory; it depends on your personal weight and body fat profile - Richard Doughty of newspaper article fame only needed to do it for a couple of weeks as he wasn't overweight to start with.
Thanks yes the numbers have been good :)
I've actually planned to the diet for 10 weeks this time around. Want to lose a few more kilos yet. I reckon 10 weeks is enough for now but will probably do it again in a couple of months time. According to BMI I am a healthy weight and a healthy BMI but I could still do with losing more. Weight loss has been a bit slow this time round :(

Reactions: 4 people
M

mojo37

I note that some people feel unwell with a BG level of under 5, but that's supposed to be the normal level. What's the general opinion here? Is it just an adaptation thing - persevere and the body adapts to being consistently under 5 or something else?

I'm ok in the mid to high 4's but definitely have problems with concentration ,dizziness etc when low 4's and under 4 and I get as ratty as hell :rolleyes:

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Managed to get a bit more sleep and levels have gone up to 6.2 now. Feel a lot better but chest still grumpy am going to clinic tomorrow

Reactions: 18 people
M

mojo37

6.8 this am ..bedtime 6.1 ...did a low carb day yesterday well low for me had about 90g carbs spread over the day, yes I know for lots on here that will be high carb but for me its not ...I am trying to get it under 80g , but I am feeling really hungry all the time which then makes me want them dam carbs :mad:

Reactions: 17 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
5.2 for me this morning after a disturbed night of sleep (dogs awake @ 5:00am to go to the loo!)
Like wise for me I was awake for me to go to the loo ha ha and at 0030, 0210 and 0345 hrs gave up at 5 and went to work

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Sorry morning all this morning I was reading 4.4 bit better than yesterday's:)

Reactions: 20 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Like wise for me I was awake for me to go to the loo ha ha and at 0030, 0210 and 0345 hrs gave up at 5 and went to work
Its worse when you need to go to the loo 3 times a night but only get up twice! ;)

Reactions: 15 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi whats a fathead pizzao_O
Fathead Pizza Crust
Minutes to Prepare: 5
Minutes to Cook: 20
Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients
Mozzarella Cheese, whole milk, 1.5 cup, shredded
Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour - per 3/4 Cup
Cream Cheese, 2 tbsp
Egg, fresh, whole, raw, 1 large
Garlic, 2 clove

Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 6
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 194.0
  • Total Fat: 15.7 g
  • Cholesterol: 58.4 mg
  • Sodium: 201.9 mg
  • Total Carbs: 4.2 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
  • Protein: 10.7 g
The power of Google ;)

Reactions: 9 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Fathead Pizza Crust
Minutes to Prepare: 5
Minutes to Cook: 20
Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients
Mozzarella Cheese, whole milk, 1.5 cup, shredded
Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour - per 3/4 Cup
Cream Cheese, 2 tbsp
Egg, fresh, whole, raw, 1 large
Garlic, 2 clove

Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 6
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 194.0
  • Total Fat: 15.7 g
  • Cholesterol: 58.4 mg
  • Sodium: 201.9 mg
  • Total Carbs: 4.2 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
  • Protein: 10.7 g
The power of Google ;)

:)Sounds OK needs a few changes for me but can soon do a but and dairy free version:)

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm ok in the mid to high 4's but definitely have problems with concentration ,dizziness etc when low 4's and under 4 and I get as ratty as hell :rolleyes:

I'd like an opportunity to find out! :D

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks yes the numbers have been good :)
I've actually planned to the diet for 10 weeks this time around. Want to lose a few more kilos yet. I reckon 10 weeks is enough for now but will probably do it again in a couple of months time. According to BMI I am a healthy weight and a healthy BMI but I could still do with losing more. Weight loss has been a bit slow this time round :(

Yes, if you have less fat to lose then the weight reduction will inevitably slow - I have found that too. I used to be able to lose a pound every two days but currently the rate loss is less than half that. With less fat to lose it's much harder to suppress appetite as well so the reliability of my calorie restriction has been extremely difficult recently compared to at the start. My BMI is 23.1 but if I assume my Asian half-parentage is responsible for my diabetes (or partially, anyway) 23.1 is still just overweight (23 or lower is normal weight rather than 25 for Europeans). I don't think I have that much sub-cutaneous fat left to lose but it's the internal visceral fat that is probably messing with my liver and pancreas and so the work goes on to get rid of that.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been to Diabetic clinic this morning she tells me all is well Iron levels are up and my HB is 57 but would like it a little lower maybe 55 ....so keep up the good work :(:joyful::singing:

Interesting - my appointment is on Friday and I had blood taken for HbA1c on Monday - can you remember if your blood test form simply said 'HbA1c' or did it also list other tests as you noted iron levels in your consultation. I wanted my blood lipid (cholesterol and triglycerides) profile done but although the doc is happy with this I may have to visit the blood clinic again for another sample to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.