Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning troops....5.0 this cloudy kind of day....where the heck has summer got to????

Reactions: 27 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5.8 :mad: I opened a new pot of strips yesterday and all my readings have been about 0.5 higher then expected.

Its all part of your potty training. Different plots for different pots. Anyway the important thing is the trend in the results ie stable .going up or going down.

Reactions: 9 people

Merrylizard1314

Tuesday 23rd this morning at 6.15am, 4.7mmol/L ,
saw the first snowdrops in my garden this morning, a bit later than normal-jonquils and white violets have been out for weeks.

Reactions: 25 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A whopping 7.4 this am, didn't eat many carbs at all yesterday in fact I had an apple, avocado and a lidl roll! The only thing I will say is I woke up having a tropical shower so don't know whether sugars had gone low but I'm on metformin so shouldn't have a hypo or my liver just decided to do a massive glycogen dump!

Reactions: 14 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
A whopping 7.4 this am, didn't eat many carbs at all yesterday in fact I had an apple, avocado and a lidl roll! The only thing I will say is I woke up having a tropical shower so don't know whether sugars had gone low but I'm on metformin so shouldn't have a hypo or my liver just decided to do a massive glycogen dump!

It's very rare but, still possible to have a hypo caused by metformin. What was your Blood Glucose on going to bed and did you test when you woke in that "Tropical shower?"

Reactions: 2 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi normisthenan my bs before bed was 6.5 but I'd not long had something to eat. The bs reading this am was within 10mins of said tropical shower as was getting up.

Reactions: 6 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi normisthenan my bs before bed was 6.5 but I'd not long had something to eat. The bs reading this am was within 10mins of said tropical shower as was getting up.

Don't quote me on this but, I'd suggest it wasn't a Liver dump.

Perhaps an allergic reaction to the now "infamous" Lidl (other brands are available) roll? ;)

P.S. I'm not a 'nan' nor a 'naan' nor a 'narn' LOL

Reactions: 6 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
God knows what it was ladies tropical showers well over for me, unless since being diagnosed all my hormones are up the shoot! :(

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.