Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.8 this sunny morning. Thought levels should be higher , had a piece of cake made by little brother last night yum

Reactions: 26 people

chancellors

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all from Exeter Devon, sun can't make its mind up if it coming out to play today.
Fasting reading this morning @ 07:15 was 5.6, could do better but went to another birthday party yesterday so a few glasses of red wine along with the food and a small portion of cake. Very naughty weekend with two parties, but had to be done.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 25 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone!
FBG 5.8 which is fairly good after a chaotic episode of RH yesterday, caused by Genius' gluten-free crumpets. They are mainly made of rice flour and potatoe starch, and caused a horrendous swing of blood sugar levels.
But at least it gave me the chance to have a look at Reactive Hypo data, just to realise that I might have carried it with me for long, way before my diabetes.
A BIG THANK YOU to all of you who have quickly pointed out your suspicion about RH, of which I have never heard before, but seems to have made my life a living hell.
Have a great day:)

Reactions: 24 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 which makes an interesting change from 5.5 (I was thinking my meter was stuck)

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Good morning all on a very sunny day in nottingham, 6.8 this morning

Reactions: 23 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning at 7:30 am. Last night before bed it was 5.7, and I did 20 minutes on the bike after dinner - maybe evening exercise stimulates the liver dump... I should probably take up wine at bedtime!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this am. 6.1 last night - made veg soup. Back from a weekend bike trip - only 750 miles this time but food planning went a bit haywire. I find that trying to rely on what's on offer (a selection of fillings in some form of liquid bread) is not to be trusted so carry a small box of seeds and nuts might get some biltong or some such as well.

Reactions: 25 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

5.4 for me this morning ;-)

Reactions: 27 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 5.4 this morn pain free night but woke up with a biggy.

Reactions: 23 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
7.3 mmol / L this morning
5.5 mmol / L at bed time

Nearly 8 hours sleep - an unheard rarity for me! Suspect morning reading is attributable to my dawn phenomenon.

Happy Monday all.

Reactions: 21 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
7.8 today. On holiday in Bournemouth till Saturday. Ate too much last night and this morning. Fluids only till dinner. Walked 4iles yesterday along beach, and paddled, and about 2 miles so far.

Reactions: 20 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.3 mmol / L this morning
5.5 mmol / L at bed time

Nearly 8 hours sleep - an unheard rarity for me! Suspect morning reading is attributable to my dawn phenomenon.

Happy Monday all.

Have you considered investing in the Freestyle Libre for a few weeks to monitor your overnight blood activity?

I wanted to understand mine, and the data recorded has been very enlightening.

Reactions: 14 people
Status
Not open for further replies.