Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning! Had a HUGE lunch with Mother yesterday then a handful of peanuts at 10pm and that seems to have suited my FBG - go figure ....:D
Had the same experience with peanuts. If occasional late at night, they tend to be followed by low morning fasting readings. But if I indulged them a few days in a row, my readings started to go up;-)

Reactions: 7 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Have you considered investing in the Freestyle Libre for a few weeks to monitor your overnight blood activity?

I wanted to understand mine, and the data recorded has been very enlightening.

Thanks for the suggestion. I certainly have and currently have a saving fund for one!

Unfortunately, life keeps getting in the way and the saving fund - even though it's the last resort - gets raided. :(

Could also do with a good stable night time routine as a baseline for any changes to be marked against.

One day my friend, one day.

Reactions: 9 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 6.5 this morning after a bedtime one of 6.6.

Reactions: 22 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the suggestion. I certainly have and currently have a saving fund for one!

Unfortunately, life keeps getting in the way and the saving fund - even though it's the last resort - gets raided. :(

Could also do with a good stable night time routine as a baseline for any changes to be marked against.

One day my friend, one day.

I'm actually learning that I do actually have a morning rise, even with my morning range at 3.5-4.5. I appear to run really quite low for much of the night, then when I see the 4.5, that's my dawn phenomenon, from my earlier lows. The last couple of days, I have validated the very low over-nights by not only scanning the sensor, but doing a finger prick test at whatever stupid o'clock it is when I wake up on each occasion.

It's fascinating.

The one thing I'm not seeing though are the higher spikes I was expecting to see at some stages, but it's relatively early days; a week in.

Reactions: 12 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I'm actually learning that I do actually have a morning rise, even with my morning range at 3.5-4.5. I appear to run really quite low for much of the night, then when I see the 4.5, that's my dawn phenomenon, from my earlier lows. The last couple of days, I have validated the very low over-nights by not only scanning the sensor, but doing a finger prick test at whatever stupid o'clock it is when I wake up on each occasion.

It's fascinating.

The one thing I'm not seeing though are the higher spikes I was expecting to see at some stages, but it's relatively early days; a week in.

That is fascinating. I wonder if I run low during the night too? I often wake 2 or more times but, have never tested my blood. You've piqued my interest now so will test tonight - bet I sleep right through now! LOL

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
Massive 16.3 don't know what's going on 2 hrs after breakfast it was 7.2

Reactions: 17 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone!
FBG 5.8 which is fairly good after a chaotic episode of RH yesterday, caused by Genius' gluten-free crumpets. They are mainly made of rice flour and potatoe starch, and caused a horrendous swing of blood sugar levels.
But at least it gave me the chance to have a look at Reactive Hypo data, just to realise that I might have carried it with me for long, way before my diabetes.
A BIG THANK YOU to all of you who have quickly pointed out your suspicion about RH, of which I have never heard before, but seems to have made my life a living hell.
Have a great day:)
Just a quick follow-up from RH front;-)
-Before breakfast 5.8
-One hour 5.9
-Two hours 5.2
-Three hours 6.1
Breakfast with eggs, cheese, sliced meat, 1 slice Warburton GF tapioca bread 10 gr carbs.
Quite steady, swing started 10 min after breakfast, but without fuel it faded out;-)

Reactions: 21 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon everyone:)
It may not be the best thread to ask advice about the following matter, but I love this place;-) so could you please tell me if anyone has purchesed anything from this site,
http://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/blood_glucose_monitor_testing.htm
because I want to buy an SD Codefree for the decent price of their strips and all. Are they reliable, and are the prices realistic?
Please kindly let me know:-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It may not be the best thread to ask advice about the following matter, but I love this place;-) so could you please tell me if anyone has purchesed anything from this site,
because I want to buy an SD Codefree for the decent price of their strips and all. Are they reliable, and are the prices realistic?
I always buy it from them. You can use this website. Codefree definitely is the cheapest.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I always buy it from them. You can use this website. Codefree definitely is the cheapest.
Awesome, thank you brettsza, I just purchesed the items, incredibly cheap, I paid £25 for the whole kit plus 100 strips, and NO VAT! This is great, as I paid for my Accu Aviva strips £20/50 strips, not forgetting that I have a good chemist who sold them cheap compared to Boots' £29:-O
I paid 50p extra for First Class Mail, so it should hopefully arrive within a couple of days:) Yay!
Thanks again, so much:)

Reactions: 14 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this am, LFT's back and all within normal limits. Serum cholesterol 3 .3 but triglycerides elevated so looks like I still have my fatty liver despite losing over 5 stone, still another 4 to go, so hopefully will lose some of the visceral fat around my poor ole liver! That might explain why my sugars are still high!

Reactions: 15 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awesome, thank you brettsza, I just purchesed the items, incredibly cheap, I paid £25 for the whole kit plus 100 strips, and NO VAT! This is great, as I paid for my Accu Aviva strips £20/50 strips, not forgetting that I have a good chemist who sold them cheap compared to Boots' £29:-O
I paid 50p extra for First Class Mail, so it should hopefully arrive within a couple of days:) Yay!
Thanks again, so much:)
I've also used them, got my diaries from them as well, can't fault my little Codefree. :)

Reactions: 5 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The codefree is an excellent meter and has possibly the cheapest strips of any. They're even cheaper if you use the discount codes and buy in 5 or 10 pots at a time - see here: Blood sugar meters

Reactions: 7 people

Merrylizard1314

Tuesday morning, 6.15am. 5.1mmol/L Too much travelling and stress yesterday has given me the first 5 in many, many weeks and I am surprised by how guilty I feel.
Six months ago I would have been ecstatic, but the goalposts have shifted, it seems!
Today will be better, as we are all walking in the Arboretum and then visiting the National Gallery.
Cold, sunny day.

Reactions: 16 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Good Morning peeps...8.4 this am maybe cos i had a lump of cheese for my supper and no crackers grrrrr:banghead:

Reactions: 14 people
Status
Not open for further replies.