Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, I sometimes do have a very reserved [English} chuff to myself ,in moments of guarded privacy. Lately I had a series of chuffs when I started getting low and consistent FBG,s in reaction to my very low carb intake. Suppose that I am a closet chuffer.
Do you twirl the ends of your 'tash in moments of extreme chuffness? I know I would.

Reactions: 13 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning people!
A proper 5.3 this morning:)

As I am a couple of days off, I experimented again with some carb intake, to see which ones won't flare into RH, so here's what happened yesterday:
- at 17.30 my BG was 5.5
- had a generous meal composed of one slice GF tapioca bread, butter, cheese, two thick back bacon slices, one can (washed) baked beans, followed by a mixture of 2 spoons Turkish yogurt, one diced peach, one heaped spoon blueberries, two heaped spoons of milled seeds, one tsp xylitol. This may not sound as a lot, but despite my over 6" and 117.9 Kg, I was never able to eat a lot, this is why it was/is so frustrating to notice how most people looked at me like at an eating/snacking/munching machine, entitled to always give me advice of whay I'm supposed to eat less :-/ Rant over... So:
- at 18.30 BG 8.3
- at 19.30 BG 7.8
- at 20.30 BG 6.3
- at 21.30 BG 5.6 (identical to morning FBG tested at 07.10)

Conclusion: None of the ingredients seem to have caused a RH swing, and I felt absolutely great all along. Nevertheless, the 1hr and 2hrs post-prandials were higher than what I want, so I understand that even though the above-mentioned carbs are good, they must be consumed at separate meals, not together, e.g. the tapioca bread and beans together in one meal, and the yogurt, fruit, seeds mixture as a separate one.
I'll have the yogurt mixture as a stand-alone meal today, and see how's going to be ;-)
I'm open to any suggestions, ideas:-D

Reactions: 25 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
NEWS FLASH, after a recent couple of re: Accu Chek Fastclix lancet device, was in Boots this morning to find that the Accu Chek mobile was priced at £15.92. So took one to checkout. Showed up at £29 something, but after minor discussion they honoured it, lovely jubley, so now have a fast clix lancet device AND a spare meter
Oh how happy does this make me feel:)
Well done, Wildrover!
I go to Boots only if the closest, any other pharmacy is over 100 miles away:-/

Reactions: 8 people

Merrylizard1314

Oh, I sometimes do have a very reserved [English} chuff to myself ,in moments of guarded privacy. Lately I had a series of chuffs when I started getting low and consistent FBG,s in reaction to my very low carb intake. Suppose that I am a closet chuffer.

Oh dear Pasha, I can hardly bear to think of you chuffing quietly to yourself in the closet, while tinkering with your metabolism!
Do come out and chuff extravagantly in public, so we can all see that moustache twirling and be totally amazed, as we surely are with your admirably consistent results.

Reactions: 21 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An average of 5.9 this morning. My first reading was 5.6, suspiciously exactly the same as last night post-dinner and before bed (2 separate readings), so I tried a finger on the other hand: 6.4. Then I thought of changing the lancet, and a different finger on the original hand showed 5.9, so I'm taking that.

Reactions: 31 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
An average of 5.9 this morning. My first reading was 5.6, suspiciously exactly the same as last night post-dinner and before bed (2 separate readings), so I tried a finger on the other hand: 6.4. Then I thought of changing the lancet, and a different finger on the original hand showed 5.9, so I'm taking that.

You can drive yourself nuts with suspicions... but we've all done it and then you wonder why....

Reactions: 15 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone......5.3 today which is pleasing as I had a late night snack :D Grey, cool and miserable day in the West Midlands :(

Reactions: 29 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear Pasha, I can hardly bear to think of you chuffing quietly to yourself in the closet, while tinkering with your metabolism!
Do come out and chuff extravagantly in public, so we can all see that moustache twirling and be totally amazed, as we surely are with your admirably consistent results.
Oh, Merrylizard!
Thy eloquence be paired by the justness of thine observation, alone :)

Reactions: 14 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh how happy does this make me feel:)
Well done, Wildrover!
I go to Boots only if the closest, any other pharmacy is over 100 miles away:-/
My supply of needle drums have arrived....just waiting for the finger pricker now.....can hardly wait :nailbiting::D

Reactions: 11 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My supply of needle drums have arrived....just waiting for the finger pricker now.....can hardly wait :nailbiting::D
Let me know when it arrives. If I understood well, you actually purchased a whole testing kit from Accu-Chek, with BS monitor and all. If such be the case, make sure you register asap on Accu-Chek's UK site, and redeem your free Control liquid, free 2x batery voucher and free log book. And if at ANY time you feel your FastClix (or anything else from the kit) has even the slightest problem, or shadow of a problem, write them through your registred interface and they'll send you a free replacement within 24 hours. Their customer service is excellent indeed.
All the best:)

Reactions: 6 people

honey badger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 this morning.
Low carb, but not high fat diet going on.
my last 10 bg tests over the last three days highest was 5.1 lowest 3.2
I am very happy with this so far...

Reactions: 26 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Let me know when it arrives. If I understood well, you actually purchased a whole testing kit from Accu-Chek, with BS monitor and all. If such be the case, make sure you register asap on Accu-Chek's UK site, and redeem your free Control liquid, free 2x batery voucher and free log book. And if at ANY time you feel your FastClix (or anything else from the kit) has even the slightest problem, or shadow of a problem, write them through your registred interface and they'll send you a free replacement within 24 hours. Their customer service is excellent indeed.
All the best:)
It has arrived and thank you, I have registered it online. There was no mention of anything free other than a choice of case for it which I have ordered. Perhaps I need to look closer to see what else is available and I will do that a little later when I have more time. I will be keeping the meter as a spare but am so looking forward to hopefully pain free testing and no more sore fingers :)

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Happy Wednesday folks. BG this morning 5.3 fasting. Happy enough with that considering the Hawaiian pizza I had for dinner last night. Nice surprise yesterday too...hubby has booked a holiday for us to visit Petra in Jordan. October time. Homemade steak & Kidney pie for his tea tonight as a thank you. Not just a daft, hairy Geordie! (Him, not me!) Good health one & all. X

image.jpg

Reactions: 27 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Happy Wednesday folks. BG this morning 5.3 fasting. Happy enough with that considering the Hawaiian pizza I had for dinner last night. Nice surprise yesterday too...hubby has booked a holiday for us to visit Petra in Jordan. October time. Homemade steak & Kidney pie for his tea tonight as a thank you. Not just a daft, hairy Geordie! (Him, not me!) Good health one & all. X

View attachment 13947

October is a great time to visit .Still warm days,not too hot, and cool nights. I slept out under the stars in that area for quite a long time, October ,42 years ago.I am sure that you will enjoy yourselves, the Jordanians are great hosts.

Reactions: 13 people
Status
Not open for further replies.