Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this am. Only up 7 times during the night, bliss.
Oh, you poor soul :-o
I remember how awful it was when it happened the same with me a couple of years ago, probably as my diabetes started to take over, I was exhausted.
Have a good rest, and maybe a good broth shall do the trick :)

Reactions: 12 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.4 this morning. Had a piece of dairy free pizza and a couple of onion rings and a tiny bit of cake. Me and the birthday girl shared a small piece. She is Diabetic too. It was a brilliant night just really tired this morning.

Reactions: 30 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First class achievement @MosheBenYehuda. I bet you look & feel a whole lot better. Good luck with your future weight loss targets.
I wish no one to experience having had to use claw-sticks to pick something of the floor, as my excess weight was/is exclusively on my front waist, mostly internal. My missus used to say that from behind I look as being 90 Kg. My limbs have absolutely no fat at all, so I felt truly desperate...
And it affects everything, the back, spine, legs etc. The situation become so dramatic, that I started to develop lumps of fat, lypomas, under the skin on my back, as probably there was no more space elsewhere, and the doctors were puzzled. They were sore upon touch, even if just leaning against a chair. But I noticed they feel so much less tender now, some even smaller :)
So yes, so much better, plus I tried on my double denims, which I haven't been able to use in years ;-)

Reactions: 17 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 5.8 this morning after a 5.9 at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 26 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a 5.9 this wet n windy morning and the scales show 12st 7 which was my pre-holiday target. Off to Seville on Wednesday

Reactions: 29 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 today, after a long day of eating and drinking - even though I only ate low carb, the quantities and duration were too high.

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning yeeeehaaaaaaaa (after an 11.4 last night though) guess this'll take a while lmao

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
5.4 this
morning, light snack and slept soon after.
Hey Mandingo long time no speak lol. Hope you're well and how's you been.

Reactions: 7 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I wish no one to experience having had to use claw-sticks to pick something of the floor, as my excess weight was/is exclusively on my front waist, mostly internal. My missus used to say that from behind I look as being 90 Kg. My limbs have absolutely no fat at all, so I felt truly desperate...
And it affects everything, the back, spine, legs etc. The situation become so dramatic, that I started to develop lumps of fat, lypomas, under the skin on my back, as probably there was no more space elsewhere, and the doctors were puzzled. They were sore upon touch, even if just leaning against a chair. But I noticed they feel so much less tender now, some even smaller :)
So yes, so much better, plus I tried on my double denims, which I haven't been able to use in years ;-)
Well done !

Reactions: 9 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This morning:
Blood Glucose 7.8 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 0.1 mmol / L

Before bed:
Blood Glucose 7.2 mmol / L
Blood Ketones 0.5 mmol / L

Stress - what bloody stress? :(

Stayed in the mid to high 7s through late yesterday afternoon and evening and still in them this morning!

Perhaps I should perform a fast? Hmmm ...
Nom, no need to check blood ketones unless BGs are over 13.5 mmol/l

Reactions: 11 people

Jo123

Morning 5.9 for me, bit high but curry out last night, no rice but did have some poppadoms, garlic naan and a baileys! So not bad, however I am pre diabetic, my last hba1c was 32 but still shows I am not 'cured'.

Reactions: 28 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today, had the tiniest ever slice of red velvet cake for Mr Al's birthday yesterday. It was lovely but was it worth 19g of carbs? Nope!

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

That sounds very much like Cushing's Syndrome Moshe, have you been tested for that?

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.