Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning
So often sins from the previous day or evening show up really clearly the next morning. I have been bad!

Maxwell

Reactions: 28 people

chancellors

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice bright start to the day in Exeter, BS @ 05:00 was 5.3, now waiting for my flight to Majorca

Reactions: 31 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Morning. A 4.3 today so no cupcake hangover from the ones my son made yesterday. Mind you, he made me a special half size one and his icing was more butter than icing sugar.

Enjoy your holiday Chancellors.

Reactions: 30 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Morning all on this overcast but dry morning , BBQ later so hope it gets better
I'm a very pleasing 5.0 this morning ,

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 fasrtng this morning, after a 5.6 before bed, but been a bit indulgent on protein yesterday, plus some beans, blueberries and dairy, let's see how it works after brekky.
Sunny Brumm, but I can see some dark overcast on the horizon...:-/
Have a nice day, folks ;-)

Reactions: 27 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 which is high for me this morning, but I did over-indulge last night:
My daughter wanted to cook us a meal and did churros for dessert (Spanish deep fried dough with chocolate sauce) so it's not as bad as it could have been - It's the first time I've been even slightly naughty since I was diagnosed so don't feel overly guilty :)

Reactions: 29 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
morning all 5.5 this morning. With a dodgy mother board on my laptop I have spent the last 12 hrs moving stuff - blooming outlook!!!!

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.7 this morning. Wounder what what tomorrow will bring after tonight's party it my friends 40th:):D 70's dress code

Reactions: 31 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning after a Friday night Indian takeaway. I had loads of chicken tikka and a bit of sag aloo (i can manage potato much better than rice or naan). 1 hour BG was 6.1 which I felt was OK but I then went for a 2 mile walk to bring it down before bed and offset the calories!

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.0 this morning after a Friday night Indian takeaway. I had loads of chicken tikka and a bit of sag aloo (i can manage potato much better than rice or naan). 1 hour BG was 6.1 which I felt was OK but I then went for a 2 mile walk to bring it down before bed and offset the calories!
I am the other way round brown rice and granary bread are OK potatoes spike my sugar levels big time so only have a little bit

Reactions: 9 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5..5 for me this morning, sun is shining in Yorkshire (for now at least) and all is well......

I have been diagnosed now for just over a year. I have a record of every test I have ever done and I graph the results.

Just been updating and looking back at my early results. This time last year I was overjoyed if i saw a 6, most were up in the 8s and 9s, but given my early results were in the high teens I felt I was going the right way.

Looking at such a graph can be quite encouraging as you can sort of step back a bit and look at the general trend - if its downwards, its good!

Status
Not open for further replies.