Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
4.8 for me too.

@Bluetit1802 I get the same as you and some times even with 20 mins on treadmill. However if I do several hours before eating with a lot of exercise I see a rise so I think the liver must decide that it is expecting food to come and doesnt over compensate and when it doesn't get it it lets lose. I wonder what the feedback mechanism is for this - I expect it is some hormonal thing.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 for me too.

@Bluetit1802 I get the same as you and some times even with 20 mins on treadmill. However if I do several hours before eating with a lot of exercise I see a rise so I think the liver must decide that it is expecting food to come and doesnt over compensate and when it doesn't get it it lets lose. I wonder what the feedback mechanism is for this - I expect it is some hormonal thing.

@Andrew Colvin, I think my liver doesn't dump in the morning because my fasting level is the same as my going to bed level plus or minus a tad, and that level averages at 6.2. This is a lot higher than yours. As I could be 6.2 all night, there is no need for a liver dump. Or that is my theory, for what its worth. Maybe I should try to delay my breakfast and see what happens. But if I did that, I might die for the want of a brew. :( I need to reduce my first and last levels of the day somehow.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
Yesterday, I let my BS level drop too far with not eating since breakfast. I was weak with a twitching face. :depressed:. so, blew my diet and had a chinese, sweet and sour mix, no rice or chips. Felt fantastic, full and energy levels back up. 2 hours after BS 8.1, fasting this morning 5.1 ???

Haven't had a fasting reading so low since I started testing?? What happened?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
that a good number @lunarlinda - you pancreas probably worked through the night for you clearing down the 8.1
4.9 for me

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh WOW, well done. Don't know what I'd do if I got a reading in the 4's??? :D xx

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes but my fasting readings when sticking to my diet are normally in the low 6 range. I did get them down a bit trying the spoonful of peanut butter last thing before bed, so I'll continue to do that as I'm not sure a chinese for dinner every night will be a long term thing to get used to, mores the pity. x

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Nope a Chinese (all that rice) it just goes on and on I find. You could try a couple of handfuls of nuts as these will take some time to process as well or have your peanut butter on a ryvita.

I am just doing a little thought experiment with rice pudding made from brown rice and wondering if that would have a similar response. I think it may especially if made with some cream as well as milk and maybe some ginger to help slow down digestion further. Will have to try this at some point and report back

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
mmmm delish, let me know............:cat: xx

bugsy xx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
7.6 iv got IBS and am on a wheat, gluten and dairy free diet. You can't win with it because every thing has either more sugar or more fat.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 for me today.

@Bluetit1802 - did you do anything different? What did you eat yesterday evening?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday, I let my BS level drop too far with not eating since breakfast. I was weak with a twitching face. :depressed:. so, blew my diet and had a chinese, sweet and sour mix, no rice or chips. Felt fantastic, full and energy levels back up. 2 hours after BS 8.1, fasting this morning 5.1 ???

Haven't had a fasting reading so low since I started testing?? What happened?

I reckon your pancreas got all excited, and joined in the party. :bookworm:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 for me today.

@Bluetit1802 - did you do anything different? What did you eat yesterday evening?

Please don't shout at me, but for evening meal I had a chip shop haddock (scraped off the batter), half a tub of mushy peas and a slice of seeded bread and butter! Eaten at 7pm followed by a mug of tea, then nothing but water. Watched TV.
Before meal was 5.0
Peak was 8.5 (bad)
Bed time 6.3
Morning 5.7! Lowest ever!
Explain that!

EDIT. Just had my lowest ever pre-lunch reading at 4.8.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please don't shout at me, but for evening meal I had a chip shop haddock (scraped off the batter), half a tub of mushy peas and a slice of seeded bread and butter! Eaten at 7pm followed by a mug of tea, then nothing but water. Watched TV.
Before meal was 5.0
Peak was 8.5 (bad)
Bed time 6.3
Morning 5.7! Lowest ever!
Explain that!

EDIT. Just had my lowest ever pre-lunch reading at 4.8.
Interesting. Are you tempted to repeat it, to see if the result is consistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.