Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 after an uncomfortable night on parents' sofa... Though meter said 3.7 and 7 as well!!!

Reactions: 7 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.8 this morning. Tomorrow's will be interesting after an overnight flight from Africa ...

Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning I had a reading of 6.1, in fact the entire week I've been in the low 6's! Huge difference from the previous week where I was in the mid 7's to low 8's!

I attribute this to a small group of individuals that took the time to correspond with me when I introduced myself in the " Greetings and Introduction " section. They convinced me to try the LCHF diet, and not only has my BS down, I have much more energy!

This is a fantastic community that holds a wealth of experience and education. I've spent many hours reading through the messages and WOW... there is a lot of fantastic stuff here.

I know I've just begun my journey, and I have a long way to go, but I feel that I am definitely not alone on this and that is a great comfort to move forward with.

Mark
Morning Mark! Well done and welcome!! Same here- lovely support and information on here, only three weeks two days in for me and I have learnt so much here from lovely people, learnt about lchf and loving it, no real info or support from gp's so before I was here had a few days in despair- now I'm on top of it and getting there!
This morning at waking at 7am I was 5.8 - not in work till 2pm today so snoozed till 8.45 and then I was 6.1, guess my liver expecting food by then as all week I've eaten at 7.30am

Last edited by a moderator:

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.7 on getting up at 8:18 today. Bit high, perhaps the ripe strawberries last night? Oh well, another day of battle :)

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 on getting up at 8:18 today. Bit high, perhaps the ripe strawberries last night? Oh well, another day of battle :)
I had lovely strawberries (with double cream!!) last night too Gordon- went to bed at 11pm as 5.5 which I was happy with!!

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.2 this morning which I have only ever seen before after exercise, have been in the mid fours all week.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I woke up screaming with a cramp in my leg this morning. Thought any reading would be skewed so gave it a miss.

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I woke up screaming with a cramp in my leg this morning. Thought any reading would be skewed so gave it a miss.

Ouch!

For me it's been upper back tension, knots and headaches when it wake up. So far in the last 3 weeks I haven't experienced any. My upper back and neck is noticeably looser during this last week. I assume there is a direct connection to that and my fasting BS levels

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you get cramp very often? I take magnesium because mine used to be awful. Went within a few days of supplementing x

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Do you get cramp very often? I take magnesium because mine used to be awful. Went within a few days of supplementing x

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.
I only had it this morning. I woke up the whole house lol. Just been reading another thread you were on. Suggestions include lack of magnesium, potassium and vitamin d. Will check this out.

@Marko723 hope you get sorted soon.

Reactions: 3 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm such a forum **** on here ;)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me this morning, at 04:30, up nice and early to sail at first light. It's been a lovely sail, with some frisky winds part of the time, but we're now in one of my all time favourite places.

Jerri

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mines was 6.5 when I went to bed last night. It is 7.1 this morning. This is confusing. Can I ask about headaches. I've seen them mentioned. I get them a lot these days. I even got my eyes retested. Is this a diabetic thing.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 for me this morning, so in range for me.

We have just agreed to have a day of doing precisely nothing today. We were both absolutely shattered last night and were so pleased our meal was delicious when it arrived. We ate, then slept like the innocent.

So, today will be a bit of swimming or snorkelling, followed by a visit to the Boulangerie, which is mandatory here, as it is so good and I can even see it from where we are anchored. Mr Breathe will have a half stick with his cheese, at lunch, and then we have both been debating a treat. The last several times we have been here there have been chocolate Eclairs with my name on them, which I elected to ignore. I may not do that today, although, right now,I wouldn't be too bothered. That said, it is still 07:40 here, so a little early to be dreaming of cakes. Well, for normal people that it. :happy:

We'll doubtless take in the World Cup final, this afternoon, then kick back before a dawn start again tomorrow morning.

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.