1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by simply_h, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cold ethyl

cold ethyl Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.8 after an uncomfortable night on parents' sofa... Though meter said 3.7 and 7 as well!!!

• Like Like x 7
  2. sanguine

sanguine Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.8 this morning. Tomorrow's will be interesting after an overnight flight from Africa ...

• Like Like x 5
  3. kimbo1962

kimbo1962 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning Mark! Well done and welcome!! Same here- lovely support and information on here, only three weeks two days in for me and I have learnt so much here from lovely people, learnt about lchf and loving it, no real info or support from gp's so before I was here had a few days in despair- now I'm on top of it and getting there!
    This morning at waking at 7am I was 5.8 - not in work till 2pm today so snoozed till 8.45 and then I was 6.1, guess my liver expecting food by then as all week I've eaten at 7.30am

• Like Like x 5
    #3823 kimbo1962, Jul 12, 2014 at 9:03 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  4. gfmoore

gfmoore Type 2 · Well-Known Member

7.7 on getting up at 8:18 today. Bit high, perhaps the ripe strawberries last night? Oh well, another day of battle :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. kimbo1962

I had lovely strawberries (with double cream!!) last night too Gordon- went to bed at 11pm as 5.5 which I was happy with!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

Went to bed on 5.9
    Woke up on 5.5. Within my normal range.

• Like Like x 2
  7. FantomPoet

FantomPoet Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.2 this morning which I have only ever seen before after exercise, have been in the mid fours all week.

• Like Like x 5
  8. I woke up screaming with a cramp in my leg this morning. Thought any reading would be skewed so gave it a miss.

9. Marko723

Marko723 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ouch!

For me it's been upper back tension, knots and headaches when it wake up. So far in the last 3 weeks I haven't experienced any. My upper back and neck is noticeably looser during this last week. I assume there is a direct connection to that and my fasting BS levels

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Like Like x 2
  10. Debmcgee

Debmcgee Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Do you get cramp very often? I take magnesium because mine used to be awful. Went within a few days of supplementing x

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I only had it this morning. I woke up the whole house lol. Just been reading another thread you were on. Suggestions include lack of magnesium, potassium and vitamin d. Will check this out.

@Marko723 hope you get sorted soon.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Debmcgee

Debmcgee Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

I'm such a forum **** on here ;)

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

• Like Like x 2
  13. this is too difficult

this is too difficult Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My cramp is MUCH MUCH better since changing diet.

• Like Like x 2
  14. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

4.0 for me this morning, at 04:30, up nice and early to sail at first light. It's been a lovely sail, with some frisky winds part of the time, but we're now in one of my all time favourite places.

• Like Like x 5
  15. this is too difficult

this is too difficult Type 2 · Well-Known Member

16. Rory lad

Rory lad Type 2 · Member

3.8 again this morning.

17. Jerri

Jerri Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Mines was 6.5 when I went to bed last night. It is 7.1 this morning. This is confusing. Can I ask about headaches. I've seen them mentioned. I get them a lot these days. I even got my eyes retested. Is this a diabetic thing.

18. Sancho panza

Sancho panza Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.3 for me this morning

• Like Like x 2
  19. kimbo1962

5.2 this morning for me

• Like Like x 2
  20. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

4.1 for me this morning, so in range for me.

We have just agreed to have a day of doing precisely nothing today. We were both absolutely shattered last night and were so pleased our meal was delicious when it arrived. We ate, then slept like the innocent.

So, today will be a bit of swimming or snorkelling, followed by a visit to the Boulangerie, which is mandatory here, as it is so good and I can even see it from where we are anchored. Mr Breathe will have a half stick with his cheese, at lunch, and then we have both been debating a treat. The last several times we have been here there have been chocolate Eclairs with my name on them, which I elected to ignore. I may not do that today, although, right now,I wouldn't be too bothered. That said, it is still 07:40 here, so a little early to be dreaming of cakes. Well, for normal people that it. :happy:

We'll doubtless take in the World Cup final, this afternoon, then kick back before a dawn start again tomorrow morning.

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook