Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well a week off work and each morning being between 7.5 and 8.5 so I don't think getting up when I feel like it is a good for me. However as it was 8.6 this morning all I can hope is that it comes back down over the next day or so. I didn't go on a real holiday just a couple of days away and plenty of walking, gardening etc. I had hoped the extra exercise would improve things, but if anything it got worse either my liver is being over enthusiastic or I wasn't drinking enough while out in the heat. Back to normal now so hopefully that will be the last of the 8 in the mornings for a while.

campbellr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being diabetic being non mobile and in wheelchair !!
Very high Hbc1 When admitted for hospital 1 week Feb 2013 (120).I think. June down to 72, September 38 ! Told to low daily hypo's. Put on steroids November . In Dec/Jan Hbc1 up to 42. May last test 53 ! Diagnosed Charcot foot April took 12 weeks to get diagnosed total leg cast since then, fracture in foot Jan no injury. Now had injury impact fracture other foot little toe have talked about also plastering this foot. See ortho consultant tomorrow. Very difficult if impossible to exercise. Since being in cast have had to increase levermir. Get so bored so have to do something. Do not like having to use wheelchair !
Thanks for your support.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think that will help to be honest Bluetit - the solution is only to test if the meter and strips are within (a fairly wide) range, they are not a fixed standard solution of specific value. But I do sometimes wonder how long the batteries last on the meters and if they start going haywire when they're running low.

5.7 at 5:30 am today, after 6.8 the night before. Even with having to have a few chips with dinner to provide a base level of calories out here in Cote d'Ivoire. Nice eggs, ham and salads though.

@sanguine

Rod. I have some evidence this evening to show you may be correct about failing batteries.

Two days ago my meter flashed up a warning that the batteries were draining and I had enough for approximately 50 tests. I have carried on using it, and all seems to be working normally - no obvious problems. Then, this evening I tested pre-prandial at 4.8. I have had 4's at this time a few times but tested twice to be sure. Similar reading.

1 hour after it read 4.7. Tested twice more - 5.0 and 4.8. Considering I had 6 chips with my bacon, eggs, toms and mushrooms I was very confused.

2hrs after I tested again. 4.6. Very confused.

I changed the batteries immediately and tested twice more. 6.3 and 5.8. More like the readings I was expecting.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any comments?

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me this morning, at 04:00, before an even earlier start to the day. That said, we had the most beautful sunrise, and there's nothing quite like it a few miles out to sea. Well, it is trumped by a tropical sunset, miles offshore, with no land whatsoever in sight. The solitude, with only the sound of the water on the bow and the odd noise from the sails is just sublime.

And just to complete, from yesterday's post, I didn't have the chocolate eclair in the end. There were none left when we got there!!! I was going to have the choux bun instead, but it had creme patisserie in it, not fresh cream, so I passed completely. I don't like creme patisserie, and it would have been a step too far, really. I did have some lovely french bread; a sort of bloomer, rather than a baton. I was 4.1 before, 5.0 after an hour, and 4.6 after 2 hours. I can be happy with that.

Reactions: 5 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And just to complete, from yesterday's post, I didn't have the chocolate eclair in the end. There were none left when we got there!!! I was going to have the choux bun instead, but it had creme patisserie in it, not fresh cream, so I passed completely. I don't like creme patisserie, and it would have been a step too far, really. I did have some lovely french bread; a sort of bloomer, rather than a baton. I was 4.1 before, 5.0 after an hour, and 4.6 after 2 hours. I can be happy with that.

It was fate. The decision was taken from your hands. :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I only had it this morning. I woke up the whole house lol. Just been reading another thread you were on. Suggestions include lack of magnesium, potassium and vitamin d. Will check this out.

@Marko723 hope you get sorted soon.

I tested 5.5 this morning, and last night before bed I tested at 5.2..... things are starting to come together!! Yay!!!

Last night I tried the recipe that this is too difficult, posted in a message to me. Fried up some bacon, garlic, bit of onion, some parmesan cheese and one small zucchini, julienned. I skipped the cream as we were out, but I added a little butter and drained off the bacon grease. I also added a small amount of sun dried tomatoes (not oil packed). It smelled fantastic! and tasted out of this world.

Last edited by a moderator:

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning high for me. Had a bit of a drama yesterday hubby fell down steps at front of our house and hurt his knee so having to deal with this never had dinner last night just a handful of raspberries !

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear Connie! Is he OK? You will need him fit and well to look after you!

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Zand yes he will be ok but men are such babies ! I probably get shot for saying this but I'm sure all you girls know what I mean . He's badly sprained his knee so it's painful to walk, now he knows what I suffer on a daily basis but obviously his pain is much worse than mine !
Hopefully he will be back to normal soon

Jerri

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.8 this morning. Really high for me. I had no dinner last night and was bringing up fluids. Calling doctors for anti-biotic this morning as I'm sure I have a kidney infection. As I had nothing on my tummy yesterday I expected it to be way less

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Zand yes he will be ok but men are such babies ! I probably get shot for saying this but I'm sure all you girls know what I mean . He's badly sprained his knee so it's painful to walk, now he knows what I suffer on a daily basis but obviously his pain is much worse than mine !
Hopefully he will be back to normal soon

lol.....any news on your hospital appointment yet?

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew - back in the fives - proof that kids are toxic! ;)

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 at 7am, not working till afternoon today so didn't jump out of bed, 1 hour later 5.6! Had expected my liver to have been dumping more!!(went to bed last night at 5.7)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.8 this morning. Really high for me. I had no dinner last night and was bringing up fluids. Calling doctors for anti-biotic this morning as I'm sure I have a kidney infection. As I had nothing on my tummy yesterday I expected it to be way less

Hope you are OK Jerri.

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 on going to bed after all the weirdly lower than normal readings during the evening.
5.3 on getting up. Within normal range.

Reactions: 4 people

Jerri

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you are OK Jerri.

I have called the doctor. Told him what's going on. Just waiting to see if they will give me an anti-biotic. Not eaten today yet. I know I will need to have something though I'm not really wanting anything. I will be fine if I can get some fluids down. Had potassium tablets this morning so will check it again in a bit and hopefully it's a bit lower. I know I'm babbling my heads all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.