Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I don't think the wine would have caused that Bluetit, more likely the prolonged tail from the dinner (sounds lovely).

I'm not sure about getting up earlier - my lowest readings have often been after a lie-in, and I can still get higher readings at dawn (less sleep?). I think we have to take many of these numbers with a pinch of salt, good or bad, unless you know that you have a constant routine and can at least eliminate that variable.

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I regularly wake around 5 with night terrors so I suspect that they play as big a part in my fasting levels as anything else I eat or do. Last night I had a really bad dream involving Jimmy Savile so I am blaming that for this morning's lift!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I regularly wake around 5 with night terrors so I suspect that they play as big a part in my fasting levels as anything else I eat or do. Last night I had a really bad dream involving Jimmy Savile so I am blaming that for this morning's lift!

Jimmy Savile ... blimey, I would call that a night terror on its own. I think you must be right about the reasons CE. We all know what stress can do, and your disturbed sleep patterns are more than normal stress.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Jimmy Savile ... blimey, I would call that a night terror on its own. I think you must be right about the reasons CE. We all know what stress can do, and your disturbed sleep patterns are more than normal stress.

Just wish the GP was more sympathetic to the issues of a lady of a certain age. I think he decided it was all the diabetes so controlling that was enough whereas I am sure it's more the menopausal increase in anxiety. Since he advised against HRT as I've family history of various cancers, I am not sure what I can do other than not dream of Jimmy Savile!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@cold ethyl This may be a stupid idea, but the hormone suppressant tablets given to ladies with a certain type of breast cancer cause major hot sweats, sleep problems and symptoms similar to the menopause. If you have a search round the Breast Cancer Care forum you may find a few ideas to help.
http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/ Have a look through the "going through treatment" forums. (Hormone therapy might be the best). I don't have these tablets so have never taken much notice, but they may just have some good ideas.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks for that- will check that out. I seem to remember my friend going through it al when she was having treatment for BC.

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 - impressed as it was 8.30am and I usually do 7.00am but had a lie-in!

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.7 this morning at first, naah that can't be right, tested twice more, 5.9 and 6.0. I'll take the 6.0.

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A surprisingly low 4.8 this morning, but I had a long lie in which may have helped.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had to test 3 times on going to bed - 6.7, 6.1, 6.0. I was only 6.0 at plus 2hrs after evening meal, so I took the 6.1 reading.
A normal 5.5 this morning.

Please wish me luck. I am off to the GP who wants to discuss statins as she has only just discovered I am no longer taking the ones she prescribed for me on diagnosis. (I did tell the DN back in June) Feeling really nervous for some reason.

Reactions: 7 people

Caterham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 today. Seem to have come down about 0.5 recently, and I don't think I have been doing anything differently.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Please wish me luck. I am off to the GP who wants to discuss statins as she has only just discovered I am no longer taking the ones she prescribed for me on diagnosis. (I did tell the DN back in June) Feeling really nervous for some reason.

Good luck Bluetit - why does it so often seem like we're being called in to the head's study? Stick to your guns, remember she is serving you not the other way round. And you can't be forced to take them even if she is insistent (the final box to tick in the process is for her to obtain your approval anyway, something my GP glossed over to say the least).

Reactions: 7 people

whiskymark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 yesterday. 7.4 today. I can get good readings throughout the day but mornings are always around this sort of level...

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had to test 3 times on going to bed - 6.7, 6.1, 6.0. I was only 6.0 at plus 2hrs after evening meal, so I took the 6.1 reading.
A normal 5.5 this morning.

Good luck bluetit!! Only do what YOU want to do..........let us know xx

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.7 for me this morning.

Yesterday was a peculiar day for bloods. I found myself at 4.5 before dinner. That's way off range for me. My pre-dinner 90 day average is 3.9. But, I'm putting it down to liver activity, due to not eating enough during the day. It was down to 4.3, 2 hours post-(mega)dinner, so I think I was probably right.

I had such a lot to get done yesterday, between one thing and another. Annoyingly, I even had to drop my car into the garage because I had an airbag warning light come on, when I reconnected the battery after the car's storage for 5 months. Anyway, they plugged the clever tablet thingy into the socket under the bonnet and it went off. The garage were quite surprised, and have advised me to keep an eye on it before considering any further action. Phew. Car taxed and back on the road. I'm hoping the disc arrives today. I hate driving it without the disc in place; even though it is quite, quite legal, because it was SORN whilst I was abroad. It is good to be mobile again though.

:)

Today I have to carry on with the mega to-do list, with a couple of things for my OH. I'm also waiting for a couple of deliveries which may arrive today. I did miss internet shopping when away. Although we can ship, via Miami, and its surprisingly good value for money, for anything substantial, it's not quite the same as in UK.

Later, I'm off to start sorting out my wardrobe, based on my new shape. I have a few things I need fairly urgently, in order to feel human and in the leasst attractive, and I must make space in my wardrobes. I have a load of stuff I may try on eBay, or the local-ish "twice loved" place. Not the day-to-day stuff, but quality, hardly worn clothes from premium brands.

Oh well. Best get a move on. Have a great day everyone.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't test this morning but went to see the nurse for my latest Hba1c, She also did cholesterol and fasting glucose so that will tell me what my fasting bg was although it was half an hour after I had got up. I just hope there wasn't too much liver dump.

cold ethtyl and bluetit good luck with your GP appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.