Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't test this morning but went to see the nurse for my latest Hba1c, She also did cholesterol and fasting glucose so that will tell me what my fasting bg was although it was half an hour after I had got up. I just hope there wasn't too much liver dump.

cold ethtyl and bluetit good luck with your GP appointments

Let us know how you get on, and good luck.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a very stressful day yesterday, unusual for me, but I blame my GP for scaring the living daylights out of me with all her talk of stroke risks.. .

I was in the 6's all day. My evening meal shot up to 8.4 and was nothing to do with the food as I'm normally under 7 with that meal. Went to bed on 6.7. Woke up on 6.2.
Hopefully today will be better as I am calmer.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a very stressful day yesterday, unusual for me, but I blame my GP for scaring the living daylights out of me with all her talk of stroke risks.. .

I was in the 6's all day. My evening meal shot up to 8.4 and was nothing to do with the food as I'm normally under 7 with that meal. Went to bed on 6.7. Woke up on 6.2.

I often find stress is the worst thing for BS- far worse than food. My diagnosis took place at the point at which I had a breakdown of sorts and I am sure some of it was just a reaction to the constant stress hormones. Try and relax today and then make an informed decision in your own time.

Mine was 6 today.

Reactions: 5 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Mine was 7.4 this am and I find stress makes mine drop mostly but has at times made it rise ....can not help but think how weird us humans are at reacting to stress..

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me this morning. This is very much in the middle of my personal range.

Last night was my first full, "proper" sleep, when I haven't felt there has been any jetlag hanging around. The result was sleeping until 08:45. What a great sleep. :)

Yesterday I had a great day, catching up on a few more jobs from the to-do list, with it now beginning to feel achievable (rather than plain outrageous!). I had to contact our household insurers as our renewal paperwork, effective from Saturday, confirmed the property was still unoccupied. Removing that clause has made a nice reduction to the policy, so, there's always a silver lining.

I have to get my bones moving this morning. I want to get some chicken marinating, for a batch of Butter Chilli Chicken. Having defrosted the freezer since I came home, I now have space to do a bit of batch cooking. I keep thinking of things I'd like to eat, and then have to remind myself I have left my personal chef overseas. I'm missing him. And, I will add I'm missing him for other things than just for his excellent cooking. Just in case he has a peak in here. ;)

Having had my home HbA1c testing kit arrive yesterday, I need to decide when I'm going to do a test. Curiously, I'm a bit nervy about it. I have no reason to be, but it's the way it is.

Oh well. Best get a wiggle on. Have a great day everyone.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

tested before lunch, and 5.3. So hopefully yesterday is behind me. I met a friend for coffee (had mineral water), listened to her woes and completely forgot my own!

Reactions: 8 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 :) despite current stress and a fridge full of left-over naughty party food

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me, so bang in the middle of my personal range.

I haven't had breakfast yet, but had best make it substantial as I have to take a trawl around IKEA today. It's not my favourite place, but it's better to go on my own, as it's one place guaranteed to turn one 67 year old, mature and calm man into a petulant, grumpy little boy. And to be fair, that's his description. I wouldn't disagree with him. But, I need to make a list or I'll come back with lots of nothing I need and not the couple of items I want.

Enjoy, playmates. :)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.8 (whaaattt!!! :banghead:) - I can only assume this is a result of eating high protein really late and a long gap between lunch and dinner yesterday. We didn't go out to dinner until 9, at which point I was 5.5; had garlic mushrooms and pepper steak, at +2 I was 6.3, so thought that was OK, but the response to the steak must have kept coming and/or liver got confused during the night (again). And I did retest to check. Heigh-ho.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rod, I think it's time you wrote another open letter to that liver of yours!

Open letter? I'd be starting a disciplinary process. I mean, there's a conduct warning in there somewhere surely?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me, so bang in the middle of my personal range.

I haven't had breakfast yet, but had best make it substantial as I have to take a trawl around IKEA today. It's not my favourite place, but it's better to go on my own, as it's one place guaranteed to turn one 67 year old, mature and calm man into a petulant, grumpy little boy. And to be fair, that's his description. I wouldn't disagree with him. But, I need to make a list or I'll come back with lots of nothing I need and not the couple of items I want.

Enjoy, playmates. :)

What is it about grown men and IKEA? Mr E refuses to go unless absolutely forced to. Usually I ask to go as a birthday treat otherwise he'd never take me ( I don't drive.)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning ( and that was after I'd pottered as I had left meter downstairs) - this suggest I'd be better off having either a light evening meal or my meal earlier in day. Not sure Mr E is going to go for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.