Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A new man

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.7 this morning and 6.7 one hour after breakfast so I think I have the liver dump under control!

Reactions: 8 people

alliebee

@Kezzer4321. Try one brazil nut by your bed. Then between your fasting and brekkie it won't go up as much if at all and prevent further liver dumping glucose. It works for a few on here

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't normally test much during the day Bluetit, but my preprandials are still mostly in the low 5s. Maybe I should do a day of more intensive testing to see what's happening.

Have you considered a Libre to see what's actually going on?

I'm on a watching brief currently, to see how it all settles, post-launch. I'll then definitely have a go with it. Bearing in mind an HbA1c overseas costs me c£60, I think I will learn more, these days, from such an intensive "deep dive" into my levels.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning. I’ve had a couple of days of slightly elevated levels, but all in my ranges.

Since my OH has come home, I have been eating a few more carbs, and we have been eating quite a bit later, as his body adjusts to the time shift. I’m happy enough with what’s going on.

I’ll be interested to see where my bloods settle in the coming days, as I reckon I’ll be sticking with a few more carbs (I had unconsciously gone lower since I had been back on my own), but I do need to watch my weight, which may have been dropping in the last week. Obviously, that should settle too, but it hadn’t better have started to drop again, or I’ll be in a mega-sulk!

I’m on my own again until tomorrow afternoon, as Mr B has gone down south for an old colleague’s funeral. I didn’t know the chap, and there will be lots of other old colleagues there (from the pre-mid 1980s), so I think there may be quite a bit of catching up, and a few beers. I’m happy to stay home and crack on with a few jobs, and let the boys re-discover their bonds.

Have a good day playmates. Life could be so very much worse.

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another blip for me, too

5.5 at bedtime
6.0 this morning.

I had to call in to see my GP this morning to discuss my oncologist's report, which was excellent. She had all my latest blood results etc up on the screen. I was astounded to see that the column on the screen showing all my cholesterol results in recent times only showed the Total and not the breakdowns. I asked why, pointing out my Trigs were only 0.6. She murmured something about the Total being the figure they look at, not the rest. It was far too early in the morning for me to start a debate, so I just nodded.

She then looked at my latest HbA1c of 45. I said I had been slightly disappointed as I'd expected it to be lower and that I was aiming for 41 or less eventually. She laughed and told me off (nicely) for setting myself an impossible target!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.1 this morning. Pesky liver dump fairies are obviously back from their hols
Grrrrr

They are like flies on the wall....always listening.
If things continue over the next 4 days as I expect. The fairies dumping could be limited.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another blip for me, too

5.5 at bedtime
6.0 this morning.

I had to call in to see my GP this morning to discuss my oncologist's report, which was excellent. She had all my latest blood results etc up on the screen. I was astounded to see that the column on the screen showing all my cholesterol results in recent times only showed the Total and not the breakdowns. I asked why, pointing out my Trigs were only 0.6. She murmured something about the Total being the figure they look at, not the rest. It was far too early in the morning for me to start a debate, so I just nodded.

She then looked at my latest HbA1c of 45. I said I had been slightly disappointed as I'd expected it to be lower and that I was aiming for 41 or less eventually. She laughed and told me off (nicely) for setting myself an impossible target!!!!!!!

When you eventually achieve your target of 41 and below....you could remind her (nicely) about your impossible target.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It works lol. Nut selection is down to you :)
That's what I keep telling the wife !! :D

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 this morning. Up because I had to have an injection of cortisone under ultrasound yesterday. Before the injection my readings was 4.9 and I was excited. Post injection and before dinner 7.7, 2 hours later 7.7. So I put this mornings reading down to the injection.

Saw dietician the day before and even though I told fibs showing that I ate more carbs, she said my carbs were too low.......now she has me filling in the app my fitness pal, so I can track all the quantities. Of course she says my fats are too high! I put on a small amount of weight, which I put down to the 3 days of eating out, but don't really understand it as I was so good and rigid with myself. I think maybe I did not drink enough water, plus maybe the diet tonic that the doctor has me drinking for my leg cramps may be inhibiting the weight loss.

In reality my carbs are under 40, my fats over 70 and my protein around 65. I think I will up the protein and go back and look at the diet doctor for levels if they are there.

Any advice and info on levels would be appreciated Team! ;)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
6.7 one hour after breakfast and 8.2 at 2 hours ..... why oh why???

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What did you have for breakfast? Did you do any exercise?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's very strange then. There are no carbs in what you ate. What did you have to drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.