Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Big balding
Hello and welcome I'm still quite new too. Someone will pickup on your post with some great advice.
You definitely are in the right place for help.

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This last 3 weeks since having my various operation they've all been under 7. Dropping to 5.1 before tea.

This morning fasting was 5.1 which is unheard of for me. I've not tested as much been struggling to do things left handed.

But I ve had the stitches out of my hand today , not a pretty sight and have a massive bruise on my Palm so can start building strength back up in it.

Am wondering whether the low readings are because I'm off sick so not stressed lol.

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I don't normally test much during the day Bluetit, but my preprandials are still mostly in the low 5s. Maybe I should do a day of more intensive testing to see what's happening.

Reactions: 4 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4,7 this morning on waking up.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1415168208.277510.jpg

Normally I would have some fruit when this low before exercising to avoid a liver dump.

After the recent discussion with @AndBreath on whether one should try to prevent liver dumps, which are a natural response of the body, I decide that this morning I will take my chances with my wall as I am.

On returning I test again and find myself at 6,1. If indeed it was a dump, I did not actually feel anything, it was not a big one.

Have a great day everyone.

Pavlos

Reactions: 9 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
7.4 this morning 6.7 at bedtime :( permanent "blip" again

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
3.8 this morning, highest measured yesterday was 6.8.

Stopped all the meds now, apart from the statin.

edit - typo 6.8 yesterday, not 5.9 as I put my midday reading after an apple by mistake, it was 6.8 after the morning shake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.1 this morning, usual range for me, generally only time I see below 5 is if I have vodka the evening before.

But 2hrs after meal readings all readings running under 7.8, got to be happy with that.

Reactions: 10 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 this morning and 9.1 before breakfast :banghead:
Have no idea why they are up.... would like to have an excuse... so will put it down to my liver rebelling:sorry:or sympathy BS reading in line with Alliebee;)

Reactions: 10 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done John D. Mine 7.8 after dinner last night and 6.9 this morning still no diabetes Meds and still got stupid chest infection going back to GP's @11:30 properly starting 2nd lot of antibiotics :rolleyes:. I see the immune system people @ Kings College in 2was so will find out my blood count then.
Take care everyone
Loulou

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.