Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 again today, second morning a bit higher than of late, I'm not too happy ! I know it's not bad, just not what I'm used too ! Feeling a bit unsettled last couple of days too, no real reason, think I need a shake-up!:banghead:

Possibly just blips Kim. @sanguine and I get them all the time!

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone
I have had a real bad night last night
I was quite restless all night, I went to bed at 11ish which is mu usual time but couldn't slp. At around 1130ish I started having this weird feeling in my left leg like a tingling sensation going up an down. I thought it will get better but it dint. I was so scared I thought if I will slp I will loose my leg. Then I checked my sugar that came back at 5.4. It was 4.5 before dinner and 5.2 after 2 hours. But I checked just in case it dropped any further. Scared of all this I called 111 at around 1.30 and the lady took all details and said a doctor will call you in next two hours. I got a call at around 230 and she just said it could be neuropathy and see the gp tomorrow. She asked me if my sugar is controlled and I told her I am between 4 and 6. I had my a1c and cholesterol done yesterday so the gp will be able to tell from that too if my sugar has been erratic. My legs still have that very weird tingling feeling but I am not doing anything on my own to test the sense in my legs. I can feel hot and cold and the carpet under my legs but it's a bit different feeling under left and right legs. Will call the gp once they open and see what time I can get an appointment.

I hope you are OK Brettza. Let us know how you go on.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And here is my blip

5.4 at bedtime
5.9 this morning (average of 4 readings as I believed none of them!)

Yesterday I was between 4.8 and 6.8, having tested all 3 meals, including 1 hour readings. I was over the moon. Not so this morning!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 again today, second morning a bit higher than of late, I'm not too happy ! I know it's not bad, just not what I'm used too ! Feeling a bit unsettled last couple of days too, no real reason, think I need a shake-up!:banghead:
I can understand how seeing higher numbers than you have grown used to my be a bit annoying but as you yourselves say 5,7 is s good level.

Frustratingly, With so many factors potentially influencing our fasting levels, who can say what the reason for the recent rise in yours is.

Let's hope, for your own peace of mind, that you are back to your normal levels soon, just the same.

Pavlos

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can understand how seeing higher numbers than you have grown used to my be a bit annoying but as you yourselves say 5,7 is s good level.

Frustratingly, With so many factors potentially influencing our fasting levels, who can say what the reason for the recent rise in yours is.

Let's hope, for your own peace of mind, that you are back to your normal levels soon, just the same.

Pavlos
Same response @Bluetit1802 as well

Pavlos

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Kimbo, try not to fret about it. As I have said before, the fasting level is the one that we have least control over in my book other than doing the usual helpful things like losing weight, eating right and exercising, and even then it might not play ball. Maybe I'm a glass half empty girl, but sometimes I think we forget that we are diabetics and that we don't always function as well as a non-diabetic might. For me, my fasting is the one diabetic level I see all day but I try not sweat about it as that'll only make things worse.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Same response @Bluetit1802 as well

Pavlos

It happens. I'm sure even non-diabetics don't turn in perfect scores every time. I think we can get caught up in wanting to beat the targets which is great when it happens, but not if it comes with a whole heap of additional stress and worry.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And here is my blip

5.4 at bedtime
5.9 this morning (average of 4 readings as I believed none of them!)

Yesterday I was between 4.8 and 6.8, having tested all 3 meals, including 1 hour readings. I was over the moon. Not so this morning!
Really must be in the air then Bluetit- let's hope it passes soon!!;)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It happens. I'm sure even non-diabetics don't turn in perfect scores every time. I think we can get caught up in wanting to beat the targets which is great when it happens, but not if it comes with a whole heap of additional stress and worry.

So very true. I'm not stressing about it, I was just a bit disappointed I have been seeing some minor liver dumps recently, which I wasn't used to seeing. I'm just thankful I don't get huge dumps like some people.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thankyou Pavlos. It was a shock sadly life can be so short
Her husband is bereft but the family are all with him..she had cancer but was doing very well. It was unexpected.
Hope you are ok alliebee, thinking of you. Life IS short x

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just went to the doctor and she said there is nothing to worry about, she told me everything is fine BP was 120 80 dot cholesterol was 3.6 1.7 and 1.2 liver functions are fine and a1c is 46 which she was shocked to see. I don't know how much it is in mmol but the strange sensation is still there. She checked the leg also to see if there was swelling or loss of sensation but she said everything is fine. I still have the sensation in my leg but she said may b you are just stressing out. Everything she said on the blooods is fine Ketones cholesterol a1c kidney functions. I asked her to give a print but she said they are our property so I dint ask again.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just went to the doctor and she said there is nothing to worry about, she told me everything is fine BP was 120 80 dot cholesterol was 3.6 1.7 and 1.2 liver functions are fine and a1c is 46 which she was shocked to see. I don't know how much it is in mmol but the strange sensation is still there. She checked the leg also to see if there was swelling or loss of sensation but she said everything is fine. I still have the sensation in my leg but she said may b you are just stressing out. Everything she said on the blooods is fine Ketones cholesterol a1c kidney functions. I asked her to give a print but she said they are our property so I dint ask again.
Excellent news! You must be so relieved.

Pavlos

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Great news! I hope the sensation clears up now you know you have nothing to worry about and all your bloods are good. However, please ask again for the print outs, you are entitled to them. I have never known anyone to be refused - some people have to pay a small amount for the printing costs, most don't.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I am relieved but I am still feeling weird in my leg and its in one only.
46 is what is mmol can someone please tell
She said this is non diabetic but I don't know how good is that
I have been pretty bad with my diet in last two weeks actually else this figure could have been better I guess
I will go again later to take my prescription and see if they can give it to me for a cost
Thank you so much everyone here I can still remember the day I came here knowing nothing at all except a prescription for metformin in hand and that was it.

Reactions: 5 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Wish my permanent blip was that low before breakfast. :sorry:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I have been pretty bad with my diet in last two weeks actually else this figure could have been better I guess
I will go again later to take my prescription and see if they can give it to me for a cost
Thank you so much everyone here I can still remember the day I came here knowing nothing at all except a prescription for metformin in hand and that was it.

An HbA1c of 46 falls in the pre-diabetic range (under 42 is non-diabetic, over 47 is diabetic). It equates to 7.5mmol/l in units we see on our meters.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
Your 46 corresponds to 6,3% in old units and is in the pre-diabetic range, reflecting an average glucose level of 7,5 mmol.

An A1c of 42 or lower is considered non diabetic, while 48 or higher is considered diabetic.

Pavlos

secundaw

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 106 with a fasting of 14.9 having blood test in jan will be interesting to see what it is then.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much for the info. I will now work on getting into the no diabetic range by next a1c
My doc never wanted to get the a1c done she was shocked when I said I got it done and she said who gave you the letter. I think she would only want once in a year only with the way she was talking to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.