Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 post dinner @ 1hour and NOT happy. Pavement will wear the punishment .. again.

I would kill for a 5 at an hour after any meal! What do you think is wrong with this 5.7? You are being too hard on yourself. Any research shows non-diabetics spike up to 7.8 at an hour, and even higher. What were you at 2 hours after?

I agree your aches and pains could be your statins. Very common side effects.

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
8.1 this morning - and 10.2 before breakfast :(

The 8.1 was because I was extremely bad last night and my friend and I drank nearly a whole bottle of baileys... I wouldn't mind but I dont actually like it lol....
Naughty you lol

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it definitely measles? I saw you said you'd had it before. I thought we could only have it once. Am I wrong ... again? Take care.

I think a lot of these things that people say you can only get once turn out to be things you can get again, especially if you have other long term conditions like diabetes and I guess MS too.

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Is it definitely measles? I saw you said you'd had it before. I thought we could only have it once. Am I wrong ... again? Take care.
Hi... Yep, you can have it again.. :) My sister and I both had it twice in our teens... It was a good thing as we went on to have babies of course...

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I would kill for a 5 at an hour after any meal! What do you think is wrong with this 5.7? You are being too hard on yourself. Any research shows non-diabetics spike up to 7.8 at an hour, and even higher. What were you at 2 hours after?

I agree your aches and pains could be your statins. Very common side effects.

Hi BT ) Because I got a 4.8 last nite and I will not let this go :) This is not simply the reading but far more to test my theory that pre bed exercise works wonders for my following morning figures. :) To test that, I ate some small pieces of 85% dark chocolate, some double thick dream and some full fat yoghurt post dinner and @ 2 hours ? ... Up I went to 7.7. More pavement smashing for 20 minutes and back down to 7.1.

I MUST know what works for me and what doesn't. That is just me :) Mike :)

...... and Bluetit ..... my wife is on your side ........ she reckons I'm over the top on this :) Might listen to my MUCH better half.

Thanks for the statins advice too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Hi BT ) Because I got a 4.8 last nite and I will not let this go :) This is not simply the reading but far more to test my theory that pre bed exercise works wonders for my following morning figures. :) To test that, I ate some small pieces of 85% dark chocolate, some double thick dream and some full fat yoghurt post dinner and @ 2 hours ? ... Up I went to 7.7. More pavement smashing for 20 minutes and back down to 7.1.

I MUST know what works for me and what doesn't. That is just me :) Mike :)
Me too Mike... I test and test all the time... I might be obsessive.. :)

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning which is the 2nd highest since I started recording on 18/12. Had a small pot of Greek yogurt with cashew nuts and raisins after dinner so that maybe contributed and didn't get to bed till 3am.

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.