Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuillie

Dislikes
Too numerous to mention
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

5.9 on waking, then 6.7 befor breakfast at 8.30. Better than yesterday which was 5.5 then 8.2 before breakfast, all I had inbetween was my high blood pressure med. so this is bewildering to me. This morning I didn't take the blood pressure tab, befor breakfast. wondering if it's that that's made the difference. If so I'm going to ask for med I can take at another time instead of in the norning before food.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

Cuillie, there's no need to worry about this. It's still Dawn Phenomenon. Your liver continues to give you glucose for fuel until you actually eat something. You don't say how long it was between your waking test and you pre-breakfast test. The main thing is, were you down again at 2 hours after eating, and what was your reading?.

If you look at the 13th (? - will check) just checked - no, 12th June; my BG was 4.7 on waking and 5.4 2 hours later, after a cup of coffee. Coffee doesn't seem to affect my BGs much - the Dawn Phenomenon was still active. my BG went up between my fasting test and my pre-breakfast test, though not by much. I've had fairly low readings for quite a while, and am usually within non-diabetic guidelines - always well within Type 2 guidelines. Your BP meds will have no effect on your BGs unless it's a sugar-coated tab.

When I was on BP meds I was told to take them at night, so that if I went a bit low I was safely in bed and didn't keel over when out and about during the day. Might be worth discussing with your GP. Not all tabs are the same. :D

Don't worry! Your BG control will tighten up if you keep controlling your carb intake.

Viv 8)

Seadimis

Hallo,
4.5 -6.5
(Taking Galvus at night before dinner)

cuillie

Dislikes
Too numerous to mention

Hi Viv and thank you for your response, my reading was within the guidelines, and I would state them except, I thought I'd written them down at breakfast, but I didn't and now looking at my little notebook I've not even written in what I had for breakfast, and then I had to go out and didn't get the 2hr. test done. I do remember thinking that things were Ok though.

Youv'e reassured me about the difference in the two early AM. readings. I'm still learning about all of this and whilst trying to cut carbs everything is experimental just now., but the advice on this forum is so helpful.

Grazer

Just mentioned on another thread that i've done tests IMMEDIATELY on waking and then half an hour later (after shave, shower etc, but no food) and it's been 0.5 to 1.0 higher just in that half hour.
Anyway, don't test regularly at all, haven't done a fasting test for 6 weeks, but did one yesterday and got 4.6, one today was 5.1.
Started metformin on my request a short while back, one 500mg am and one pm. Makes very little difference to post meal Bgs but seems to have dropped fasting BGs about 1.0

SandrafromOZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
DIABETES, All forms of cancer, Jealousy, arrogance

7.5....still trying to get under 7

A

Anonymous

4.5 today - back to normal after that cold.. :D

cuillie