Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't see why not. When I googled cabbage in the past, it is actually is very blood sugar friendly
I've been having morrisons luxury coleslaw and I'm fine with it, it's full fat, I usually allow 10gm for my portion

Reactions: 10 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, my period of erratic blood scores continues, frustratingly. This morning was 4.8, but again that’s outside my usual 3.5-4.5 “business as usual” range. I have arrived in Paradise, with a little jetlag, but nothing extreme, but this morning I had swollen glands and a headache. Unusually for me, I resorted to Ibuprofen to shift it, and that has worked.

It’s all very frustrating. I thought, when I was on my flight, that I had reset the numbers, with a 4.1 and 3.6 after a very carby, diabetic meal. To be fair, it wasn’t what any of we reduced carbers would have chosen to eat, but was better than the standard fare. What really got me was the Almond and Coconut Kheer for desert. It was a modest portion, and I decided as my pre-lunch test was acceptable, I would try it. It was so incredibly sweet, and merely reminded me why I generally just don’t bother with deserts these days. The (diabetic meal) sandwich for tea contained 28g of carb, and followed up by a small pot of black grapes, a couple of orange segments and a few pomegrate seeds. By then, I had already passed on the ice cream.

With the arrival of these viral symptoms, I’m going to give myself until mid-week next week to see what’s happening with my numbers. I’ll wait a bit longer if a cold comes out. By then, I will probably be able to draw my own conclusions about what’s actually going on. It’s such a shame I ended up finishing a batch with the add out-lying reading, and going onto a whole new batch at this time of change. I have agreed with my OH, that during this settling in period, I will be very much on the straight and narrow, so that I can be sure any upward shift is not due to dietary slip, but something else. I really, really hope my body isn’t going to start taking the Mikey, whilst I’m away. But, I’ll decide on an appropriate time to have another HbA1c, here, and take it from there.

My new strips are those ending in 44. I have rather a lot of them! I supplied up to last me through to August/September time, so you can imagine. That said, I am doing a fair number if re-tests because of the bonkers numbers, so I may have miscalculated. We’ll see.

Play nicely boys and girls. Normal service will be resumed soon, I hope.
Glad you got to paradise safely! Fingers crossed it's jet induced and you feel better in a couple of days.

Reactions: 9 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, my period of erratic blood scores continues, frustratingly. This morning was 4.8, but again that’s outside my usual 3.5-4.5 “business as usual” range. I have arrived in Paradise, with a little jetlag, but nothing extreme, but this morning I had swollen glands and a headache. Unusually for me, I resorted to Ibuprofen to shift it, and that has worked.

It’s all very frustrating. I thought, when I was on my flight, that I had reset the numbers, with a 4.1 and 3.6 after a very carby, diabetic meal. To be fair, it wasn’t what any of we reduced carbers would have chosen to eat, but was better than the standard fare. What really got me was the Almond and Coconut Kheer for desert. It was a modest portion, and I decided as my pre-lunch test was acceptable, I would try it. It was so incredibly sweet, and merely reminded me why I generally just don’t bother with deserts these days. The (diabetic meal) sandwich for tea contained 28g of carb, and followed up by a small pot of black grapes, a couple of orange segments and a few pomegrate seeds. By then, I had already passed on the ice cream.

With the arrival of these viral symptoms, I’m going to give myself until mid-week next week to see what’s happening with my numbers. I’ll wait a bit longer if a cold comes out. By then, I will probably be able to draw my own conclusions about what’s actually going on. It’s such a shame I ended up finishing a batch with the add out-lying reading, and going onto a whole new batch at this time of change. I have agreed with my OH, that during this settling in period, I will be very much on the straight and narrow, so that I can be sure any upward shift is not due to dietary slip, but something else. I really, really hope my body isn’t going to start taking the Mikey, whilst I’m away. But, I’ll decide on an appropriate time to have another HbA1c, here, and take it from there.

My new strips are those ending in 44. I have rather a lot of them! I supplied up to last me through to August/September time, so you can imagine. That said, I am doing a fair number if re-tests because of the bonkers numbers, so I may have miscalculated. We’ll see.

Play nicely boys and girls. Normal service will be resumed soon, I hope.
Hi twinny, @AndBreathe might be the jet lag and stress of travel and your blood sugar levels may resume normal levels once you've settled :) I've been trying to gain weight as I was 48-49 kilos the last time and now at 51 kilos after four days of introducing more carbs in my diet with porridge, rice and fruit which was a welcome treat....I'm happy if blood sugar is below 6.5 :) I may have had low carb fatigue for some time and not being able to stop the weight loss but will resume soon on the low carb after I've gained a bit more and felt more energy.

Reactions: 13 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 Bedtime
6.8 Fasting.

Yay! Back in the 6's after ditching a different brand of Metformin. Another learning curve

Some extra and unexpected stress yesterday after filling the car with unleaded fuel instead of diesel and having a 4 hour wait on the garage forecourt for the mechanic to come along and drain the tank, costing almost £300 in wasted fuel, the mechanic and a second full tank of the right fuel... :arghh: Just what I needed at the start of an already expensive weekend. Doh!

Hitting the road early today to head for London and a 2 day amnesty from LCHF. As mother of the groom, I'm hosting a rehearsal champagne afternoon tea this afternoon before a full day of wedding celebrations tomorrow, and 2 days and nights of hotel food

All things considered I'm happy with that 6.8 this morning...:)

Have a good weekend everyone. Batten down the hatches and stay safe and warm.

Over and Out

Reactions: 21 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hope the wedding all goes well after that episode Diana - I think it's worse to put diesel in a petrol engine though.

Reactions: 10 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.4 at stupid o'clock this morning.

Reactions: 16 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi killerkaz... Are you low-carbing?
HI well I am trying to, its taking a bit of getting used to, I thought I was doing quite well but have slipped up on a few things. My fasting blood this morning is 5.1 so that is better than yesterday which was 6.1. Just had a breakfast of greek yoghurt (full fat) and strawberries thanks to the advice given to me from this site yesterday. It will be interesting to see what my 2hr post meal bloods are.

Reactions: 17 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this snowy, icy, freezing foggy morning ! !
I didn't do a bedtime test as once again I had just got in from late shift and have found its not a true reading until I've relaxed a bit- by which time I was nodding off!!
Hoping all this frozen snow melts pdq today!!

Reactions: 19 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, after a week of morning readings between 4.6 and 4.8 my body decides to throw out a 5.6 this morning :(
Can't see I've done anything different and I only had 15g of carbs yesterday so I'll just put it down to one of those things and move on

Reactions: 14 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well, after a week of morning readings between 4.6 and 4.8 my body decides to throw out a 5.6 this morning :(
Can't see I've done anything different and I only had 15g of carbs yesterday so I'll just put it down to one of those things and move on

Could just be the meter - if it's within 10-15% of what you expect it's probably a statistical outlier. Did you retest?

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 Bedtime
6.8 Fasting.

Yay! Back in the 6's after ditching a different brand of Metformin. Another learning curve

Some extra and unexpected stress yesterday after filling the car with unleaded fuel instead of diesel and having a 4 hour wait on the garage forecourt for the mechanic to come along and drain the tank, costing almost £300 in wasted fuel, the mechanic and a second full tank of the right fuel... :arghh: Just what I needed at the start of an already expensive weekend. Doh!

Hitting the road early today to head for London and a 2 day amnesty from LCHF. As mother of the groom, I'm hosting a rehearsal champagne afternoon tea this afternoon before a full day of wedding celebrations tomorrow, and 2 days and nights of hotel food

All things considered I'm happy with that 6.8 this morning...:)

Have a good weekend everyone. Batten down the hatches and stay safe and warm.

Over and Out

Enjoy the wedding weekend. Xx

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.