Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I feel it...my sensitivity since I changed my diet is almost hyper...my eyes water a little...and I feel slightly queasy...then when I check the numbers they confirm it too....although the impact of higher carb foods in the first 3 months on high readings is quite different to what it is now...so I can only assume the system MUST be working better...you sound a very young 66...I guess its the new 40!!
I don't feel old, it's true!
Do your eyes water with nausea or allergy? Some foods we eat, like nuts, have high histamine content apparently, so what can we do? I rely on almonds for so much of my diet and treats.., I suddenly get hot, which makes me think I have too much sugar? I will try to remember to test next time it happens.. I hardly ever eat anything I 'shouldn't'... I am over-compensating and over-thinking it all still I reckon... I am just grateful for all the lovely support on the forum... I am a long way away from home most of the time and it's so important to me... I always expect Brunneria and AndBreathe in Paradise, or BlueTit to come up with the answers... Or ColdEthyl... :rolleyes: I am heading home this week and am looking forward to all the lovely food I can eat... :joyful:

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
99/5.5 today... Hoorah!

Reactions: 19 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.9 tis morning. Work has been crazy this past week and also had a family death. I have a huge day tomorrow with 5 new Board Member joining my board. I am totally sure they will ask lots of tricky questions. Plus, I am doing two major presentations for them on our current work, what success looks like for us and other left brain stats, plus a business plan presentation. Won't get home till 8ish and have told my husband to have the vodka and tonic waiting already. Hopefully after tomorrow I will be able to be online and posting more. :)
My goodness, that's a lot on your plate... Make the vodka a double!! ☺️

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
An unadjusted 4.3 for me this morning. It's in my range, so accepting it, although with stable strips I might have expected a bit lower. But, no matter, my technicolour chesticles are still on the way out, so all-in-all, I can't complain.

removed words (non playground forum). anna29
Good morning from a sunny, cool day in Bahrain... So glad your poor chest is finally feeling a bit better... If it's still lingering maybe you should be happy with that reading... I would be... You're a perfectionist... :happy:

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You've not been paying attention to my ailments!

I've just had what seems to be a short, sharp sinus and chest infection that (coupled with an erratic Codefree batch, ending 44) returned me outrageous numbers.

All of that said, things are on the wane, with my "outputs" moving out of the Andy Warwhole pallette and through the Kelly Hoppen. Mr B is a couple of days behind me, so, he's suffering too. But, never mind, we rarely get anything full-blown, and hopefully we're on the up now. :)

(I started a thread, and everything. What's a girl supposed to do for a bit of attention seeking?!!?? ;) )
:sorry::hilarious:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.2 this morning porrage is ok for me with fruit or cinimom only get a rise of .6 max . If i use and jam rise is a crazy 1.5 - 2 points. Spending a quite afternoon inside knitting
Perfect day... Enjoy... How's your chest?

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well that's it me n bread are parting company for good. Was late in from work last night so just had some peanut butter on 2 hovis. My bs went from 4.8 pre to 8.3 post!!!! I've never had that before. Then today I had chicken an mushroom soup for my lunch with a slice of homemade soda bread, again it went from 4.6 to 8.5! That's the first 2times I've gone over 8. So that's it, bread is definitely off the menu:grumpy:
Awwww... I will post a few almond/flax recipes later... Not the same but you have to have something with your poached eggs... ☺️

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'd say that's more than a definite maybe ;)
Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday... I am always hours in front... I hope you had a splendid day...:singing::joyful:

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awwww... I will post a few almond/flax recipes later... Not the same but you have to have something with your poached eggs... ☺️
oooh lovely, hope they dont come out like my splat bread AKA swiss breakfast rolls. somehow my baking never looks like the photo, I think they put the wrong photo's on these recipes.............

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
off to work in the freezing fog, oh joy........now if I can only find my rear fog light switch in my new car I will be happy

Reactions: 8 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Before breakfast 7.6
Porridge, blueberries AND a large dollop of greek yogurt.
Walk with dog, 2 hours later 6.4
So I think porridge ( made with water ) is ok for me.
Or am I wrong?
Probably OK - during the week I generally have hot oat cereal with added oatbran and flax seed which does not affect my BS. I've tested it 4 times now with the same effect so I've decided that it's OK for me. I'm also OK with bran flakes which I add nuts and b/berries to!

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
oooh lovely, hope they dont come out like my splat bread AKA swiss breakfast rolls. somehow my baking never looks like the photo, I think they put the wrong photo's on these recipes.............
:D You and me both I reckon.... I make loaves now.. the first thing I ever made was the Swedish thingies... Nice though... there is a recipe for a 'microwave muffin bun' where you just put the mixture in large cups and make a 'bun'... haven't tried it yet as sandwiches were never my thing, but I will hunt out the recipe for you if I can... two minutes to make a bun!! Imagine... Not bread, but if we want to keep off the meds it's the only way... ;)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Knitting was great neatly finished 2nd owl for friends new baby. Chest still very up and down. 6.4 this morning
Does the cold weather affect you? Or stress? My youngest son is hyper-sensitive to hay and pollen from the catkins in the spring... such a debilitating problem... I hope you feel better later...

Status
Not open for further replies.