Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

4.9 this morning :D

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

4.7 at 08:00 :D

Viv 8)

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

7.7 this morning....

had the joy of waking up at 4.40am this morning so decided to test and was 6.4. trying to stay still in bed with my eyes closed did not fool my liver.....so 2 1/2 hrs later i was up to 7.7

doh !!!!!!!!!!!

peterbrighton

Type of diabetes
Type 2

I have just moved to Brighton and have been told by my diabetic Nurse that they do not recommend daily blood sugar level. I have asked what do I do to get reading and have been told that I should be tested every three months by the Diabetic Nurse( I am so confused ) I moved from east midlands ans was told by the Diabetic Nurse there to ensure that I did Testing every day.
I have also asked the Diabetic Nurse about going liraglutide as I have been having a lot of hypo's the last one was at work and have done a lot of research about this and have found that it does help people who are over weight as well as controlling Hypo's. I showed the Nurse my findings and was told I was not a expert and that she was best to give me advice on any medication and that I would not be placed on liraglutide as it is expensive. Can anyone give me some advice I feel so down as I feel no support from my Diabetic Nurse.

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.

I think the Brighton nurse is wrong. I would change doctors.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

peterbrighton said:
I have just moved to Brighton and have been told by my diabetic Nurse that they do not recommend daily blood sugar level. I have asked what do I do to get reading and have been told that I should be tested every three months by the Diabetic Nurse( I am so confused ) I moved from east midlands ans was told by the Diabetic Nurse there to ensure that I did Testing every day.
I have also asked the Diabetic Nurse about going liraglutide as I have been having a lot of hypo's the last one was at work and have done a lot of research about this and have found that it does help people who are over weight as well as controlling Hypo's. I showed the Nurse my findings and was told I was not a expert and that she was best to give me advice on any medication and that I would not be placed on liraglutide as it is expensive. Can anyone give me some advice I feel so down as I feel no support from my Diabetic Nurse.
Peter,
In this case, I would have retorted that I do not claim to be an expert but that It is my duty to take the best possible care of myself, as she(I presume) is going to have no feelings of responsibility for any complications incurred in the future :twisted:

elviscole

been a while since iv been on here,
woke up this morn about 2.50am, felt really rough, light headed and sweating, checked my bg and it was 3 :shock: , never been like this before, possible hypo :?: , few biscuits and a couple of teaspoons of raspberry jam sorted it, must have slightly over done the biscuts though as it was 9 at 6am :crazy:

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.8. Best fasting reading ever. :)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

Well done, Catza :D

4.6 at 08:00.

Viv 8)

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

7.4 this morning

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.

6.2 this am.

stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk

Hi
I have finally been put on Metformin 3 weeks ago and my fasting readings are still 9.2

Cheers
Stillo

Fiona I

Oh my gosh mine this morning was 9.3 at 10-30 after a lie last thing I ate was at 7-00 pm is this dangerous

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

No Fiona, not dangerous in itself. What's happened is that you've had a 15.5 hour fast, and your liver has pumped out some extra glucose to get you going in the morning.

If you search this site for Dawn Phenomenon you'll get an idea of what's going on. I had DP for a few months after diagnosis until I got myself sorted and my body got used to fewer carbs.

4.6 at 09:00 today, despite my visitor weekend :D . I ate rabbit pie with mushy peas and chips on Saturday evening, with 2 glasses of a nice Merlot, and 2 hours later was 5.6! Very pleased with that - thank you, wine :D :lol:

A stricter week from now on, and then my brother arrives Wed 22nd. Fish & chips - he has to have them, says they can't make 'em in Berkshire, so I have a treat too :D . First time since last October, so don't shout at me! :wink:

Viv 8)

desidiabulum

Doesn't anyone do this any more? For some reason I am stuck in the 7s again -- last reading 7.2. Why not write in and show how much better you're doing?

tree-peony

sorry, I've been away working again, but mine was 9.2 this morning. I'm going back to the GP next monday to increase my Gliclazide. Fingers crossed it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.